SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anyone wear Haix boots?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone wear Haix boots? Login/Join 
Virtute et Armis
Picture of hft119
posted
Anyone on the forum ever worn Haix boots.If so
Are they worth the price.
I pound concrete 11-12 hours each day, and am looking for a good supportive boot. I do not mind paying for quality.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arcwelder,

NRA Benefactor
GOA

Posts: 128 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
They are quality boots but have an odd fit for me.
I far prefer Lowa. Fit of course varies by person.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25458 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
What kind of weather and work?

Posts: 7485 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Haix airpower as a patrol boot. They murdered my feet for about a week and then suddenly transformed into a supremely comfortable boot. I know a few people who returned them thinking they didnt fit but it was just the break in. Once you get past the break in they are really nice, supportive and good for being on your feet for a while. I would absolutely order them again.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
I had a pair of their Airpower EMS boots and firefighting boots. Both we of excellent quality, but I didnt like the insole. The shape of the footbed in the Airpower kinda prevents you from using anything but a Haix insole, which IMHO was kinda cheap and thin.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3453 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
I'll second what most have said. Great quality boots, but weird insoles. I had the GSG9 boots, still do, but don't wear them anymore. They're extremely flat insoles, and my feet hurt after just a few hours in them. I didn't find them very supportive, and it's tough to get off-brand insoles to fit in them. So....good boots, crappy insoles.

Posts: 1736 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
Airpower XR1 owner here. Wear them 10-12 hours at a time. Been using Haix for 10+ years . Most guys in department like them, always a few stray to another brand. Everybody's foot is different. I always have a spare pair on shelf in case I mess up a pair.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
I have their fireboots, and they wear blisters on my heels when worn for extended amounts of time. Our dept. is switching over to Globe, and the guys that have switched say they're a lot more comfortable.

Posts: 1276 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtute et Armis
Picture of hft119
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input.
I have to wear custom insoles, so they may not be the boot for me

NRA Benefactor
GOA

Posts: 128 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother has been wearing them for many years, both in factory work & around his farm. I bought my husband a pair for Christmas & at 1st he didn't like them, but he does now. He has 3 different brands & the Haix are what he wears the most now. He says they run true to size.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hairy2dawg:
I have their fireboots, and they wear blisters on my heels when worn for extended amounts of time. Our dept. is switching over to Globe, and the guys that have switched say they're a lot more comfortable.

We just got the Haix fire boots, and they're miserable to wear when standing around. I switched back to my old boots.

Posts: 6352 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post