SIGforum
It’s snowing!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2460092434

December 07, 2017, 08:18 PM
JALLEN
It’s snowing!
We looked outside about 7 pm to let a cat come in, and it was snowing!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown
December 07, 2017, 08:20 PM
old rugged cross
There you have it. Merry Christmas J.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
December 07, 2017, 08:21 PM
P-220
Suppose to get our first snow on Saturday. 1/2-1", so the panic has begun.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
December 07, 2017, 08:26 PM
HK Ag
Watching what looks like flakes falling in the lights next to us here in Tomball

HK Ag
December 07, 2017, 08:35 PM
StorminNormin
Ha. I checked to make sure there were no posts about this so I posted some pictures, but you beat me to it while I was uploading pictures.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7760092434

NRA Benefactor Life Member
December 07, 2017, 08:58 PM
JALLEN
According the life longers, this is the first snow since ‘85.

The one remaining cat from San Diego was dumbfounded.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown
December 07, 2017, 09:13 PM
StorminNormin
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
According the life longers, this is the first snow since ‘85.

The one remaining cat from San Diego was dumbfounded.

Austin got 3.6” in 1985 and got 1.6” in 2004, which I was out of state at the time for a conference so I missed it. I remember the snow in 85.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
December 07, 2017, 09:14 PM
Ozarkwoods
Yep friends in Bracketville showed snow pics. Guess I will wait until next week to make my way south to the area.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
December 07, 2017, 09:31 PM
elde
12 miles from Hays City to the house: Couldn't see the road for the snow. Ten minute trip took a little over an hour. Sure is pretty tho.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
December 07, 2017, 09:34 PM
TexasScrub
Back in '85 I was a junior at Trinity in San Antonio. If I remember correctly it was around Valentines day weekend, and a metric buttload of us went to the Refectory and grabbed food trays for tobogganing down the hill near Winn dorm. I'm glad I was there for that, and I'm glad to hear that SA is getting a dusting again!

Enjoy every minute of it because you'll be back in shorts headed to Port A before the month is over.

December 07, 2017, 09:37 PM
TXJIM
Just got home with my 11 year old from a basketball practice. Snowed on us driving there. When we pulled in to the driveway back at home there was a nice accumulation on the car that had been sitting. I got out and gathered a nice snowball off the hood without him noticing and absolutely smoked him as he rounded the front of the car.....and as they say, that's when the fight started Big Grin we spent about 5 minutes chasing each other around the car gathering snowballs and hurling them while howling and laughing....it was awesome!

December 07, 2017, 09:43 PM
GJG
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
Watching what looks like flakes falling in the lights next to us here in Tomball

HK Ag
It snowed on us in Tomball in the winter of 1961-2.. It's been a while!

Light bender eye mender
December 07, 2017, 09:46 PM
urbanwarrior238
Wish we had the snow here. Fires are devastating northern San Diego County right now. 3K acres and over 100 homes so far.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member
December 07, 2017, 10:05 PM
Hawgster
Definitely global warming..
A most severe case!

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
December 07, 2017, 10:19 PM
bettysnephew
An old farmers belief in my area is that the date in December the first snow falls is the number of snowstorms that will occur during the winter. Looks like 7 for us also.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith
December 07, 2017, 10:58 PM
arfmel
Been snowing on and off all day, here in Jerkwater.
December 07, 2017, 11:05 PM
tigereye313
Snowing here, but temp is still above feeezing so no accumulation expected.

December 07, 2017, 11:14 PM
msfzoe
In this corner of upstate newyorkistan, snowy winters are a fact of life.
December 07, 2017, 11:33 PM
just1tym
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
We looked outside about 7 pm to let a cat come in, and it was snowing!

Global cooling?? Razz

Regards, Will G.
December 07, 2017, 11:38 PM
Sock Eating Golden
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Suppose to get our first snow on Saturday. 1/2-1", so the panic has begun.

Not too far from you and they've already brined my road.

Twice.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith