SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Security Guard casually shoots 2 armed robbers!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Security Guard casually shoots 2 armed robbers! Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
So is it still armed robbery with a fake gun? For some reason I thought it was.

It depends on the applicable statute, but usually yes.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Depends on the jurisdiction. Here in TN it's still Aggravated Robbery if the victim believes the weapon to be real. Oddly, just threatening someone with a fake gun is not aggravated assault. We have a separate misdemeanor statute for that. But if that fake gun places you in fear and you deploy deadly force, you are justified. No, it doesn't make sense.

Also interesting is that I had an arguement with a Prosecutor over whether or not shooting someone with a pellet gun constituted Aggravated Assault. I was told absolutely not, because a pellet gun can not cause a lethal injury. I found this amusing as shortly before this discussion I had worked a fatality where a victim had been shot by a family member with a pellet gun. The victim died. Absolutely fluke occurrence, but still...

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
And that guy was clearly a Western Sheriff in a former life.

posted Hide Post
Ving Rhames, was that you??

Definitely not his first rodeo...wow.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
Depends on the jurisdiction. Here in TN it's still Aggravated Robbery if the victim believes the weapon to be real. Oddly, just threatening someone with a fake gun is not aggravated assault. We have a separate misdemeanor statute for that. But if that fake gun places you in fear and you deploy deadly force, you are justified. No, it doesn't make sense.

Also interesting is that I had an arguement with a Prosecutor over whether or not shooting someone with a pellet gun constituted Aggravated Assault. I was told absolutely not, because a pellet gun can not cause a lethal injury. I found this amusing as shortly before this discussion I had worked a fatality where a victim had been shot by a family member with a pellet gun. The victim died. Absolutely fluke occurrence, but still...

A few years ago I sat on a criminal jury in CA, armed robbery. The perp didn't have a gun but claimed he had a gun, got away with less than $100 from an ice cream store. But the mere claim made it an armed robbery charge, for which he was convicted. And it was his third felony conviction (three stries you're out).

But he was a minority, so today he would be exonerated and given the key to the city. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
That’s better than this one....

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oxLdVmGW2Kk

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Body language tells the tale.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
That's actually how it works here as well. The law is worded that if you place the victim in reasonable fear for their life by using, displaying, or implicating possession of a deadly weapon, or by displaying any object fashioned to appear to be a deadly weapon, then you have committed aggravated robbery. Class B felony. 25 years.

posted Hide Post
That dudes my hero

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
My favorite justified shooting that I ever worked was a robbery of an auto parts store. Video shows the suspect come inside and hold the clerk at gunpoint. A second camera view shows an older security guard apparently asleep in the back corner of the business at what looks like an old school desk. His head is down on his crossed arms. When the robbery happens you see that guard raise his head up, casually draw, and fire one round from a still seated position that strikes the suspect in the head. He's so casual about it that you'd expect him to just lay his head back down and go back to sleep. Hell, he was so calm when I got there that I doubt his pulse rate ever went above a hundred.

There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
robber: "Am I shot?"

BAMF Guard: "Oh, fuck yeah!"

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
This is amazing!!!

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Aggravated Robbery here in AR as well.

Doesn't matter if the gun's not real.

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
You gotta be shittin' me.

You lazy, half-ass...

Any asshole can pull a gun on somebody!

You don't know the first thing about holding up a God-da ...!

Whaaaaaaaa?

You need a role model!

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
That's what calm, cool, and collected looks like. Certainly not jumpy, nervous, or scared.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazing.

Takin' care of business.

I am HUGE on mindset / willingness. Equipment / gear is like 5% of the equation. This guy proves that.

Guy is probably rocking a 15 year old beat-up $200 Taurus .38SPL with wadcutters. Score: BA Baracus: 2; Perps 0.

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Looks like he walked in, saw two roaches, knew how fast they scurry and sprayed em down with poison forthwith. No excitement, no ceremony. Just takin' out the trash.

OutFreakinStanding.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7259 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And that's the way it should be done...

More & more SIG's and a bunch of Smith & Wesson revolvers

Posts: 654 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: April 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Circa 1:08-Did I hear him say "I hope you fuckin die there right now..."?

*swooon*

I think he says "I don't give a fuck if you die right here."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cas,

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted Hide Post
That's a bad man!

Posts: 2736 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post