SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Apple AirPods Pro have noise cancellation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Apple AirPods Pro have noise cancellation Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
So far, I’m extremely pleased with my AirPods II.

“Apple has unveiled its highly-anticipated AirPods Pro earbuds that feature Noise Cancellation and immersive sound functionality.

Users can choose from three different sizes for a more personalized fit that boast a flexible silicone ear tips that conforms to the contours of each individual ear.

AirPods Pro can be ordered on the tech giant's website for $249 – almost $60 more than its predecessor…”

https://mol.im/a/7622841

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8976 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
AirPods Pro can be ordered on the tech giant's website for $249 – almost $60 more than its predecessor…”

There's likely no great Apple fanboi than me, but I've had these features with my Bose QC20 (at the same price point) for years. Late to the party, Apple?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bose QC20

I loved my QC20s and used them hard like a rented mule, but where Apple gets them is being wireless.

I've looked at the Bose wireless earbuds with neck thingy and they get marginal reviews.

My QC20s are at the end of their lifespan so I might try these new AirPods, as the originals are really great.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I love everything about the AirPods, except the fact that my ear holes are apparently different sizes and while one side stays in (kindof), if I so much as breath, the right side falls out.

If they would just make some with rubber plugs like everyone else, I would buy some in a heartbeat. Additionally, you just can't beat the AirPods for phone call sound quality.

EDIT - I just clicked the link and if the picture is true, I'm in.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I've had the Jabra Sport Elite for almost 2 years. The new pro is only IPX4 (vs. IPX67) but likely has better sound. Sound cancellation is a plus.

Still not compelling enough for me to invest $250 - if they come out with a sport version I'd consider.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Noise cancellation will be a huge upgrade for flights. Only a matter of time before I lose my current AirPods, I’ll replace them with these when that happens.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Noice cancellations for flights is a MUST for me.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Apple stuff is so tightly integrated. I like the way the AirPod II work with my iPhone. I have ordered a set of tethers from Amazon to keep from loosing one of them on a plane as some have mentioned. I use a set of QC20 for mowing my lawn to enjoy the tunes rather than the drone of my 22 HP Kubota. I may look at these in the future.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4232 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
If “immersive sound” means more bass, I may consider these.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18025 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Can't understand why Apple comes out with things 2 or 3 years later than their competitors, charge more, and people go crazy.

I've been using Sony WF-700N for almost a year now and like them a lot. $180.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10491 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
My favorite 'feature' of AirPods is that you simply take them out of the case and they are ready to go. I have had other bluetooth headphones, and while they sound great, it's usually a pain to turn them on and pair them. And since they are not kept in a case, they often are not fully charged.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
I'm interested to read some reviews on these. I also have Bose QC20 earbuds but much prefer the wireless option. As others mentioned, the neck wrap on the current Bose option is a no go for me.

I did see that Bose is planning on releasing their next generation of wireless, noise canceling earbuds in 2020: Bose Noise Cancelling Earbuds 700 although I'm hoping the model number isn't also the price.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Can't understand why Apple comes out with things 2 or 3 years later than their competitors, charge more, and people go crazy.

I've been using Sony WF-700N for almost a year now and like them a lot. $180.

Those Sony’s aren’t rated anywhere near as well as AirPods.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post