SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Chromebook Users Here? I Need A Printer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Chromebook Users Here? I Need A Printer Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Anyone have a Chromebook?

I’m looking for a wireless printer that works with Google Cloud Print for my Samsung Chromebook Plus.

What I’m looking for:

-Small Laser. NO INKJETS.
-B&W is fine, color is better
-Not really needing scanning or anything fancy
-preferably under $200

It’s going to not get used a whole lot and I’ve been done with inkjet printers for years.

Thanks!

Posts: 33990 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Me too, can't wait for some answers.

Posts: 1090 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
We have an Epson XP830 inkjet that works with my wifes chromebook. Perhaps they have a similar version that is laser?

Posts: 3749 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Heres what i got older model but works with the wifes apple stuff and my android and chromebook.

https://www.amazon.com/Canon-M...atible/dp/B00RN08584

I believe you want the side of the box to have airprint, google cloud printing. And 1 other thing.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8230 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adobesig:

I found this one from Brother that looks and sounds decent with good reviews.

Just a basic home B&W laser but it’s Google Cloud Print compatible and $109.99 with free shipping right from Brother:

http://m.brother-usa.com/print...1/hll2350dw/overview

Posts: 33990 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by adobesig:
I found this one from Brother that looks and sounds decent with good reviews.

Just a basic home B&W laser but it’s Google Cloud Print compatible and $109.99 with free shipping right from Brother:

http://m.brother-usa.com/print...1/hll2350dw/overview
I have that model. I don't know about its operation with a ChromeBook, but it works flawlessly with Mac OS and Windows. I have found Brother's software / print drivers to be the most trouble-free of any that I have tried.

My experience over the past ten or fifteen years has been that any time I bought a printer other than a Brother, I have regretted it.

The only negative that I can come up with for this particular model is that the single sheet feeder, which is used for single sheets (surprise!) and for things like checks and envelopes, is not as easy to use as in other Brother printers that I have owned. It seems to be in an awkward place, the side guides are not easy to adjust, and I frequently get "tilted" printing. That might be the printer's fault, or it might be mine: with my Guillain Barré, my hands are not as nimble as they once were.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30820 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post