SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    al-Baghdadi resurfaces - first time since 2014
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

al-Baghdadi resurfaces - first time since 2014 Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
Hopefully there is a Hellfire, or MOAB, or "le soleil dans le canette" (I read that phrase elsewhere and like the way it sounds) in this coward's immediate future, now that this particular turd has floated to the surface of the cesspool.

quote:
Foxnews.com: ISIS leader al-Baghdadi pictured for first time since 2014, intel group says

Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been pictured in a new video for the first time since July 2014.

In the video -- released by ISIS’s propaganda arm al-Furqan and obtained by SITE Intelligence Group – Baghdadi reportedly claims that his followers died fighting to the end in territories and cities that have been routed by U.S.-backed coalition forces.

He also claims that the Easter Sunday bombings in Sri Lanka were retaliation for ISIS being defeated in their Baghouz, their last stronghold in Syria, and refers to the recent oustings of leaders in Algeria and Sudan, meaning that the video must have been shot within the last week.

Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in 2019 [An aside: I have a very similar vest. All I need now is a Krink.]

< snip >

Rumors of Baghdadi’s death have persisted in recent months as ISIS militants who have surrendered to the forces believed their ideological leader abandoned their cause. Prior to Monday’s developments, Baghdadi’s most recent call to arms was in a series of audio clips released in August 2018.

“Hopefully we will reach him very soon, especially now that ISIS has been defeated in its final place in Baghouz, Syria and they have lost all their land in Iraq,” Sabah al Namaan, a spokesperson for Iraq’s counterterrorism agency, told Fox News earlier this month. “Now, we have a real opportunity to catch or kill him.

“The latest information is that he is still in the Syrian desert, and could not enter into the Iraqi side because of concerns about evading the security measures on the borders,” he added.

Baghdadi – whose real name is Ibrahim Awwad Ibrahim al-Badri – suffers from diabetes, high blood pressure and injuries sustained during an airstrike years ago. He remains the world’s most wanted man, with the United States continuing to offer up to $25 million for information leading to his location.

Baghdadi’s absence from the public spotlight has been causing deep fissures within the crumbling terrorist organization, which, though eroded, still boasts between 28,000 and 32,000 soldiers, Fox News reported in March.

“He’s hiding somewhere, people were angry,” Mohammed Ali, an ISIS fighter from Canada who was captured by the U.S.-backed Kurdish-dominated Syrian Democratic Forces, told The Sunday Times that month.

Earlier this year, Iraqi intelligence officials speaking to Fox News maintained he was lurking in Syrian border towns, often donning non-traditional or “regular” clothes, using a civilian car and making sure all those around him had no mobile phones or electronic devices in order to bypass detection.

Baghdadi is believed to have survived a coup effort from within his own ranks in January, when several senior fighters attempted to oust him by leading him from his hideout into a firefight with foreign fighters. But he was reportedly whisked away by his security.

ROSAL

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OBL also had a Krink next to him in videos so hopefully this guy's fate will end up in a similar fashion..

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Living like that , never knowing WHEN that bomb will drop or SEAL team will burst in...can't be any fun. LOL.

Hope it IS driving him crazy.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Between his own people out to get him and everyone else tracking him, I'd say his days are numbered.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Between his own people out to get him and everyone else tracking him, I'd say his days are numbered.

All is as Allah wills it.

I'm hoping Allah wills it be swinging gently to and fro at the end of a short length of rope.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
It's almost better having him living in constant fear, wondering "Is today The Day?.".

After several years of that, death may seem like a release.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Living like that , never knowing WHEN that bomb will drop or SEAL team will burst in...can't be any fun. LOL.

By the line of discoloration in his beard, I'm guessing he's under some pressure.

Posts: 7358 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
ISIS being defeated in their Baghouz

When I was a kid, the old Italian immigrants called the toilet the "baghouz." (It took me a long time to decipher that as "back house.").

ISIS was defeated in their toilet.

Good! Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:

By the line of discoloration in his beard, I'm guessing he's under some pressure.

Either that or the Caliphate is running low on Just for Men.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20826 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:

Either that or the Caliphate is running low on Just for Men.

Wish as we might, that’s some weird Don King meets boy rapist shit they do over there. Beards dyed red is is a signal for not good things.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17138 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like he is about to do a drive-by with his FDE Draco!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
We had him in prison in Iraq but he was released during the Obama administration.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stiab:
We had him in prison in Iraq but he was released during the Obama administration.
A lot of bad things happened during the Obama administration.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Wish as we might, that’s some weird Don King meets boy rapist shit they do over there. Beards dyed red is is a signal for not good things.

I believe you, but it still makes him look like he laps water out of a heavily-used gasoline station toilet.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post