SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun cleaning question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun cleaning question Login/Join 
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
If you are worried about water in the action, displacing water is the one thing WD40 does well. It’s in the name.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8279 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for taking your time to help me. Sig2340, your offer is most generous but I’m in Alabama.

I ended up watching a few YouTube videos on how to break this thing down and went that route. I used hot water and Dawn with a stiff bristle brush on most of the internals. I didn’t soak the frame in anything because it has one of those cheesy built in Crimson Trace lasers. My wife likes it and would probably not be happy if I messed it up. That end of the gun appeared to not have any DP on it anyway. I dried all the parts with a heat gun and let them soak in CLP for a couple of days. Then I brushed them again and wiped them down with Remoil. A little grease in the rails and it works great. When I broke down the magazine to clean it I gave all the ammo to her to wipe off and clean up. After everything was reassembled she shot the affected ammo. Everything functioned fine. Loaded it up with fresh ammo and it’s now back in use.

Posts: 104 | Registered: June 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update and congratulations on getting it resolved. Nothing like figuring it out and getting it done yourself. Smile

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47720 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Sounds like a great reason to get an Ultrasonic Gun Cleaner Kit.

Yep, there are cleaners designed to be used in ultrasonic to clean firearms without disassembly.

Posts: 4232 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post