SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    AZIBO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AZIBO Login/Join 
posted
My new landlord is suggesting Azibo as his preferred method of payment. With all the issues with Zelle, Paypal and the like I am leary. Anyone here had experience with this company?

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I looked It up. It’s not like Zelle or Venmo which are just money transfer platform.

It’s a platform for Landlords to do their business. Surprisingly, it’s free but I suspect it’s actually an online bank. Some bigger bank probably owns it.

As long as your landlord specifies it as his/her payment method and you get a receipt, then I think you’re safe. My rent is paid via my landlord’s portal where I set up my bank’s info. I have $15k in that account at any one time but I think the property is worth more than that so I feel safe.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19712 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
I'd stick with a good old paper check. If you use a digital app, I'd definitely use a digital wallet of some sort if you can.

All of this electronic data transfer, it's just a matter of time before the "wrong crew" gets a hold of the info and pounds the hell out of it.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3635 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Not familiar. But for any of this kind of stuff where the vendor require online payments (either push or especially pull), I set up a segregated checking account. These segregated accounts have only sufficient funds to cover the vendor obligations.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12761 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcsabolt2:
I'd stick with a good old paper check. If you use a digital app, I'd definitely use a digital wallet of some sort if you can.

Even here in a small/medium size town apartments are not accepting checks or cash any more. All of the decent apartments (non section 8) require electronic payment per the lease agreement.

May be different elsewhere, but I would be surprised.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My new landlord is from the land of fruits and nuts{Calfornia}. This is his first request. I am more interested in who to call for building maintenance and the like.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
My new landlord is from the land of fruits and nuts{Calfornia}. This is his first request. I am more interested in who to call for building maintenance and the like.

The portal for my landlord that manages the rents also has the tab for maintenance and a number for emergency maintenance.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19712 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Those tabs would be nice. A letter introducing himself should be the norm as well.

posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. After your comments I have decided to pass.

posted Hide Post
Glad I passed. I see the scam. I received an email from Azibo today indicating that my lease agreement requires renters insurance{It does not} and that they have it available at a minimum cost. Fuck these people! Thanks again.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
My new landlord is suggesting Azibo as his preferred method of payment. With all the issues with Zelle, Paypal and the like I am leary. Anyone here had experience with this company?

What exactly are the issues w/ Zelle? It's a NO fee service that's part of the Banking system, and owned by the banks themselves. It's therefore essentially immune from the influences of wokeness and just as secure as your bank/bank account! What not to like?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8956 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There have been frequent text scams with Zelle. My bank has a disclaimer that it will NOT refund monies that were taken through fraud. Has nothing to do with Wokeness. I had a long discussion with my bank manager concerning Zelle.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Buyer Beware...Victims of scams have no one to blame but themselves!

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8956 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep. That is why I use a more secure method of payment. The bank states that they offer NO PROTECTION for problems. That is the issue. Use Zelle all you want. I will pass.
Banks and credit card companies offer protection.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
It's not like you're sending money to a black hole/unknown when using Zelle. When you send money w/ Zelle, YOU initiate the transaction, and as part of the process, prior to confirming the transaction, you see EXACTLY who owns the Bank Account you're send the money to, so literally Name(s) on the Account. It's a VERY secure option. The ONLY downside is that once you send the money, it's NOT reversible. Sooo just don't send money to anyone you don't intend to, cause there's no 'protection' if you eff up! Wink

Live Free or Die!

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:

What exactly are the issues w/ Zelle? It's a NO fee service that's part of the Banking system, and owned by the banks themselves. It's therefore essentially immune from the influences of wokeness and just as secure as your bank/bank account! What not to like?
I don't know whether this is a Zelle restriction, or my local bank's (credit union's) restriction, but I can only use Zelle to send $$ to an individual person. I can't use it to send money to a business, so for example, can't use it to pay the electric bill.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30733 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post