SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone in the Chico, CA area?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone in the Chico, CA area? Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
Heading to Chico tomorrow for a wedding on Saturday.
Will have some down time Friday afternoon if anyone's around for a mini-SF meet?

Otherwise, what's around the Chico area to do? Been almost 15 years since I've been to Sacramento (Roseville), so don't recall much.

Also get to enjoy the Denver airport for 7 hours between flights. Debating between leaving the airport for a bit, or just relaxing in the United Club.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15281 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
You could visit Sierra Nevada Brewery. Could also drive up to Paradise and see how the reconstruction's going.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16318 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My CHP friend returned to Paradise on Sunday and was overwhelmed by the devastation.

If your into that kind of stuff, head east to Paradise.

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I went to school in Chico.

1. See the brewery.

2. Drive through Bidwell Park. There will be signs everywhere. It's famous because the Errol Flinn Robin Hood was shot there as the Sherwood Forest.

3. Walk through campus and visit one of the many pubs adjacent to it.

Chico has agriculture everywhere outside the city limits and lot of the Blue Diamond almonds are from there.

Chico is a college town so that's the heart and hub of the place. If you have time, Sacramento is 90 miles south on Highway 99.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post