SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My findings on Beltman gun belt vs Armours gun belt.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My findings on Beltman gun belt vs Armours gun belt. Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I have a Beltman and an Armour belt and love them both, but for different reasons. First off, I loathe department store belts. Won't ever own another one. My Beltman belt is my daily driver and holds up my khakis or jeans with a small Glock and Remora holster in the waistband. Simply perfect belt for that use. My Armour belt on the other hand is reserved for jeans or shorts while carrying a decently large firearm. For that it does a stellar job. Again, they're both terrific belts I would highly recommend to anyone.

And +3 on that belt and boot combo tatortodd. Sweet!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The_Beltman:
Howdy folks, Beltman here. Thanks for posting your findings hray, and I think your comments were very fair. Three years ago, before Rachel and I bought this business, we ordered a gun belt from most of the well-known makers on the market, and the belt we bought from Armour is basically identical to tatortodd’s. I was very impressed with the quality and craftsmanship of Mike’s belt, but he definitely makes his belts considerably thicker than Beltman belts. As hray said, “some people may not want a thick ass belt" (and I’d argue that most people don’t), but if someone DOES want (or is already accustomed to) a thick ass belt, I can certainly understand how they might be disappointed with the thickness of the classic Beltman gunbelt, although I don’t think anyone would be disappointed with the craftsmanship and quality of the belt OR its ability to do its intended job. Jim (the original Beltman) didn’t like overly thick belts, and although I can see the appeal of a much thicker belt for some people, we didn’t want to stray from Jim’s design philosophy with our primary belt line. Now having said that, we may join the “thicker belt wars” at some point and introduce a much thicker belt, and I may just decide to call it the Beltman Thick Ass Belt in honor of this thread. Cool But you'll always be able to get the traditional Beltman belt thickness that is so highly regarded and works with just about any holster on the market.

Thanks for Taking the time and replying to the thread. You make an excellent product with an excellent customer service/communication. I'm not the most gifted at the language arts and was only trying to convey the difference in the 2 belts so people would be more informed with the thickness for what ever application they need it for. As for the " Beltman Thick Ass Belt" I would be interested in that line and will be keeping an eye out for it. Hunting season is approaching rapidly and require the thicker belt for that type of activity. All the best to you and your family, Hray.

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1142 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Beltman. Been buying from him for years. Just bought another for my son in law. Great belts!!

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife bought me an Armour belt a few years ago and at first I thought it was too think and rigid. I started wearing it though about a year ago and after it "broke in" it became the perfect belt for me to wear almost every day. I wear it with my work pants, jeans or shorts. It looks good enough for work and is sturdy enough to carry, as its designed to do. I really like mine.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The_Beltman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hray:
Thanks for Taking the time and replying to the thread. You make an excellent product with an excellent customer service/communication. I'm not the most gifted at the language arts and was only trying to convey the difference in the 2 belts so people would be more informed with the thickness for what ever application they need it for. As for the " Beltman Thick Ass Belt" I would be interested in that line and will be keeping an eye out for it. Hunting season is approaching rapidly and require the thicker belt for that type of activity. All the best to you and your family, Hray.

Thanks for your best wishes Hray and I thought your use of the language arts was perfect! Smile And thanks to everyone else for your comments and compliments!

Posts: 19 | Location: Heart of Dixie | Registered: January 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Sorry Beltman, but your 1 1/2" gun belt is a dress belt when compared to my Armour 1 1/2" gun belt.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The_Beltman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Sorry Beltman, but your 1 1/2" gun belt is a dress belt when compared to my Armour 1 1/2" gun belt.

No need to apologize Warhorse. As mentioned before, not everyone wants a thick ass belt, but for those who do an Armour belt is an excellent choice.

Posts: 19 | Location: Heart of Dixie | Registered: January 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's a needless comment!

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Thicker belts fill a need.

Not quite so thick belts fill a different need.

If you kids don't stop bickering about it, none of you are going to get dessert tonight.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30702 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The_Beltman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lowflash:

No harm done lowflash! I have thick ass skin. Big Grin

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
If I was a cop carrying 5 to 10 pounds of gear, I'd want a belt that was super-thick. For one gun, I just don't need that much thickness and weight. More than 1/4" seems excessive for any use I'd have.

Different needs and different preferences.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The_Beltman:
quote:
Originally posted by lowflash:

No harm done lowflash! I have thick ass skin. Big Grin

Unlike your belts! Wink

I can see the validity of different thickness belts, and I do have one of your specimens as well. It works extremely well at supporting most concealed carry weapons. In point of fact it even fits my suits trousers loops, and looks great to boot.

My original post was a little harsh sounding, and for that I apologize, I just wanted to point out that it was not as thick as my Armour belt (which will not fit my dress trousers loops).

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The_Beltman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unlike your belts! Wink

I can see the validity of different thickness belts, and I do have one of your specimens as well. It works extremely well at supporting most concealed carry weapons. In point of fact it even fits my suits trousers loops, and looks great to boot.

My original post was a little harsh sounding, and for that I apologize, I just wanted to point out that it was not as thick as my Armour belt (which will not fit my dress trousers loops).

Thanks Warhorse! Again, no harm done, and I appreciate your compliments on your Beltman belt.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Everytime this thread pops up I read it as the OP wants a "Batman gun belt". Big Grin

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Posts: 23502 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The_Beltman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Everytime this thread pops up I read it as the OP wants a "Batman gun belt". Big Grin

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Nothing at all wrong with that! After all, we work in the Beltcave and drive the Beltmobile...

Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Resurrection of thread. After reading all of the gunbelt threads, I just ordered 2 beltman belts. I rarely, if ever carry anything more than a Sig P365. These should work nicely

Posts: 4021 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was sorta shocked to read this thread-was sure I'd seen many of the comments before.

Uhhh, yeah, I had-some 4 years ago and right here. Can't get nuthin' by me. Smile

Now to my point-I've been wearing Beltman belts, 1.5 inchers, for YEARS with jeans and Khakis and, waaaaay back when I was a working guy, dress pants, too. I liked them then, I like them now.

If my belts were any thicker, I don't think they'd pass through many of my current pants/shorts belt loops. Jeans? No problem, but other pants, not so sure.

So, I'll stick with what I know works.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
We are definitely spoiled with lots of good choices for excellent leather products here.

Thanks gents!

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I have had both brands over the years, most recently using an armour belt. I needed to get a new belt that could serve dual purpose as a gun belt but would also look good with khakis for work. I liked the look of The Beltman shrunken bison belt so I bought one in black with antique silver textured roller buckle. I have only carried a 365 so far but it worked well and it’s very comfortable and looks great. I liked it so much that bought one in brown with an antique brass textured roller buckle. That arrived yesterday and looks great as well.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Last time I posted to this thread was back in 2018. As of today, both of the belts I commented on in 2018 are still in my rotation and being worn weekly, and still look great. There is one important difference between The Beltman and Armour belts though. I've had people compliment my belts many times, and when I fill them in on the details and pros of these belts, and that they can get one for themselves, most visit The Beltman site to buy because most are not "gun people". Again, both belts are simply excellent, but to me, they serve very different purposes.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post