SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Did my good deed for the day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did my good deed for the day Login/Join 
JOIN, or DIE
posted
So I get home, neighbor across the street has their garage door up. I'm getting out and dragging the recycle garbage can back to the house..I hear "Danny!" kinda loud. It was an old lady voice. I had seen a kid maybe 10 years old skateboarding down the street close to their and he was down the block. Thought his grandma was calling him. Then, I hear....."Help Me!!!"

So I'm like wtf? I go over and the old lady was on the ground. She says "I've fallen and I cant get up" just like the commercials So I ask if I can call someone or call for help and she says no, that she falls all the time and she's ok, just cant get up. Asks if I can help her stand up. So I grab her hands and get her up on her feet. Her car door was open, she says she was going to get her hair washed but fell and her phone was in the car. So I help her get to the car, ask her a few times if there is anyone I can call, she says no, she'll be fine. She gets in the car, thanks me a few times. I ask again if I can get anyone for her and she says no. So I left and just got inside.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Oh, and exactly a week ago I was driving down the same street and found a tiny puppy wandering around. Called animal control and they said to bring it in. I figured I'd try to find the owner and rang like 5 doorbells where I found her. No collar. I was about to give up when I saw a lady a few more houses down come out front yelling "Izzy! Izzy!". I asked if she lost a dog, she said yes. A really tiny cute dog? She said yes. We'll she's in my car, hold on. Reunited them. I'm on a roll this last 7 days. Haha. Feel like a boyscout.

posted Hide Post
Good for you! Keep it up! Smile

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Good for you.

But you should remove "I've fallen and I cant get up" part of you post before the MedAlert people find out and sue the poor little ol' lady for trademark thieverin'.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43918 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Nicely done!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3765 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I like good neighbors.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19697 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I know you were well intentioned and I hope you did good, but my mother kept falling like that and it turns out she was having mini strokes (TDIs). They got worse over time, but even the last ones she had were 'I just tripped over my own feet' events according to her. I hope your neighbor is OK.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I hope you check on her regularly. Sounds like she needs it.

Posts: 11149 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
I know you were well intentioned and I hope you did good, but my mother kept falling like that and it turns out she was having mini strokes (TDIs). They got worse over time, but even the last ones she had were 'I just tripped over my own feet' events according to her. I hope your neighbor is OK.

I hope so too. She has a husband around and there was an ambulance there a few weeks ago. I mean, I'm a stranger. I stepped in when I heard "help me" but it really isn't any of my business to be making any decisions for someone I dont know. Its damned if you do, damned if you dont. I don't call an ambulance, I'm a jerk if she ends up being serious and dies. I do call an ambulance and I'm a jerk because maybe she does normally fall all of the time and now I just escalated it and cost them some $. Trust me, all this was going through my mind at the time I left. She was sitting upright and talking when I got there. If she had any confusion, inability to stand, or blood I would have called some help.