SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Texas Ranger?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Ranger? Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njauto:
I don’t know if it’s true.. but a Texas friend of mine once said that if you were not born in Texas you would never be a Ranger. I like the idea but in today’s litigious society, I doubt that’s true.

No clue if that is true, but you sure as hell better like wearing cowboy boots and a cowboy hat because that is what they wear.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8758 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
You mean Chuck Norris can't really be a Texas Ranger since he was born in Oklahoma?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
During an 8 month assignment in West Texas I had the great privilege to work with some Texas Rangers as well as other fine Texas law enforcement professionals. I found them to be confident, competent gentlemen who would go out of their way to assist fellow law enforcement. There is a mystique rooted in the exploits of Rangers dating to the Wild West days, and the likes of Capt Hayes, Capt MacDonald, and Capt Frank Hamer. I admire their history and a visit to the museum just off I-35 in Waco is worth the time to visit. If you are interested in the Rangers, H. Joaquin Jackson's books One Ranger and One Ranger Returns are full of historic information and the real life experiences of Frank Hamer in Texas Ranger by John Boesseneker

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4373 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post