SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fixed bike assembly help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fixed bike assembly help Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
We've been looking for a «senior» fixed bike for my wife, who's been in lockdown for over 120 days in our appartment, we live in midtown Buenos Aires, Argentina.

None to be found, they all vanished. Manufacturer said you are SOL.

Our super loaned us a used chinese Suntrack 100, can't locate a website or user manual.
The thing is broken but it should be an easy fix once I figure how the parts work.
The pedals are fine but the band/rope/chain/whatever offers any resistance to the biker is no longer there / doing it's job. Pedals turn free.

If someone can suggest a fix or show me how it should look, i'd be grateful.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12109 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
https://www.google.com/search?...ta+fija+suntrack+100

Bunch of pictures at the link

Unfortunately I don't speak the lingo, so I'm not sure if there's a link to a manual

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Yep, i'm stuck right there.

No manufacturer website, no manual, just a couple of ads but, unfortunately, nothing substantial.

Kudos for trying.

0-0

Posts: 12109 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
Here is my best attempt at a drawing to give you an idea of what it should look like.

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/...m/1595471306/enhance

General picture which I hope gives you a general idea of how it should work.

Hopefully, my impressive "CAD" skills via PowerPoint give a few members a chuckle!

I'm not familiar with the exact model trainer you have but this should be fairly close. I'm sure they all come from the same factory in China.

No idea if folks can see the image I attempted to share. I did eamil it directly to the OP.

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much.

The bike we´ve got has the pedals and the resistance wheel in a single unit.

But the resistance strap is broken its attachement point. Found it at the bottom of the bike´s body. So I have no clue where or how it cercled the inner wheel.

0-0

Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
See page 5

http://www.randers.com.ar/asse...manuales/ARG-131.pdf

email sent with comments.

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Sotar-

Great find for Nicky. Bonus points for locating a resource that originated in BsAs, as well.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great find for Nicky.

Thanks, It put my Google Fu skills to the test.

No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
So, page 4, knob 15 is connected to cable 21.

Page 5 has tension device cable pulls up on. 60/33/39/40.

Strap 53 goes around small wheel. Your job is to see if strap just fell off, or if one of the other parts is broken and caused said strap to lie on bottom.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post