SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have You Received an Email Like This?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have You Received an Email Like This? Login/Join 
Picture of wingspar
posted
Below the asterisks is an email I received shortly after I did make an online purchase today. Odd timing, and nothing shows up in my bank account. The email came from florence4329hug@gmail.com.

Some research shows that it came from Guiding Light Rentals at LLc in Gahanna, Ohio in a residential area of Gahanna. They had my email address and nothing else. I’m sure this is spam and there is no way I’d call that phone number. I removed my email address and part of the ship to address.

Your Orders Your Account
Order Confirmation
Order ID #EF5-7PH486DZ100635839
Email Id : *******

Hello ,

Thank you for your order. We?ll send a confirmation when your order ships. Your estimated delivery date is indicated below. If you would like to view the status of your order or make any changes to it, please visit Your Orders.
For any assistance, Call us Toll-Free +1 (800) 585-1723

Arriving:
Friday, June 18
Your shipping speed:
Express Delivery at $110. FREE with Prime View or manage order
Your order will be sent to:
**** W Lunt Ave #206
Chicago, IL 60626, USA

Order summary

Order ID #EF5-7PH486DZ100635839
Transaction ID : 4DA585PY90195496
Placed on Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Enbrighten 45063 Color Changing (50ft. 6 Puck)
WiFi Outdoor Landscape Lights Kit
Seasons LED, 50 ft, Black
Electronics
Condition: New
Sold by: Enbrighten Store $195.85

Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1600 Deluxe Versatile
Cloud Enabled Document Scanner with
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for Mac or PC, White
Electronics
Condition: New
Sold by: Fujitsu HubRazer Zone $434.85

Item Subtotal: $630.70
Shipping & Handling: $110.00
Order Total: $740.70

If you did not place this order please call us on +1 (800) 585-1723
To ensure your safety, the Delivery Agent will drop the package at your doorstep, ring the doorbell and then move back 2 meters while waiting for you to collect your package.
We hope to see you again soon.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Let us know if the items actually arrive.

I had a similar e-mail last year from some place in the Philippine about a purchase of a laptop computer. I never got the computer and I don't recall that I was actually charged for it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Common scam. They want you to contact them to collect personal information. Then of course is the “Sorry, my headset was off, can you hear me now?” You say “yes” and they used a recording to claim you ordered something.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Could also be a brushing scam, but it’s definitely a scam of some sort.

They’ll want something from you, no doubt.

Look at this syntax and terminology, it’s definitely foreigners trying to scam you:

quote:

If you did not place this order please call us on +1 (800) 585-1723
To ensure your safety, the Delivery Agent will drop the package at your doorstep, ring the doorbell and then move back 2 meters while waiting for you to collect your package.
We hope to see you again soon.

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a couple Emails recently saying there was a problem with our Bank account, and should contact the Bank by phone. Of course we didn’t have an account with that Bank and I delegated the Email.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Delete, delete, & then delete again. If I ordered something, I’ll know.

If I want to check on an order, I’ll go back to the site & log in. If & when I get a legitimate email from the seller, I may use that link.

Those unknown emails & text messages about a package are always hastily deleted.

Posts: 6163 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I’m supposedly getting a $630 sports watch I never ordered in a few days. Can’t wait!! Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
Common scam. They want you to contact them to collect personal information. Then of course is the “Sorry, my headset was off, can you hear me now?” You say “yes” and they used a recording to claim you ordered something.
It is a good idea to not answer questions with a yes or no. “I can hear you,” should be the reply.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
DANGER! DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!!

SCAMMER SCAMER SCAMMER

If you didn’t order it, delete the message.

If you did order it, contact the vendor only after looking up their contact information on your own, DO NOT USE THE PHONE NUMBER OR EDDRESS IN THE MESSAGE!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I google searched the phone number and a Vacation Rental place in Columbus Ohio popped up

800-585-1723

https://www.bbb.org/us/oh/colu...ls-llc-0302-70106138

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
When you call they'll as you for your account information to look something up and/or verify the purchase. That's the scam.

Posts: 3661 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been getting similar phone calls about my Amazon order.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
When you call they'll as you for your account information to look something up and/or verify the purchase. That's the scam.
Oh, and "we'll need your credit card number to process your refund." Scum! Sure wish legislators and LE would get serious about these assholes, they are not all foreign actors. 30 years hung up by their thumbs, seems about right.

Posts: 6475 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
I have been getting similar phone calls about my Amazon order.
Same here. Once every other week or so.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Spammers & scammers are endless. Last fall xfinity made some changes.
Despite efforts to eliminate I still get a couple dozen bogus warnings etc about
impending account crisis needing immediate contact at this Hotmail address.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I get one like that almost every day. Sometimes two a day.

Scam

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Pretty standard. Only thing it's missing is "kindly" which means please in Nigerian.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
I had a computerized voice mail left the other day, supposedly from Amazon. Said I purchased $599.99 and if I didn’t make the purchase to call them back to cancel. Yeah, right. I monitor my credit card almost daily, and I knew this was a scam. I did check purchases on Amazon and also my card balance just in case. Big Grin

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
florence4329hug@gmail.com

Scam spam.

That email address hasn't been pwned.

However, this email address, and your email address, is on a database of email addresses obtained from some compromised vendor, no connections between the two.

Be safe, change your email password.
And delete the spam.

</chris>

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can see that the person is not from the US since they use uncommon terms:

- 2 meters (not 6 feet)
- call us on +1... (not call us at)
- Delivery Agent

I am familiar enough with English usage patterns in India that I can spot an Indian scammer pretty quickly.

Posts: 4725 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post