SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Megyn Kelly to leave Fox for NBC
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Megyn Kelly to leave Fox for NBC Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
She is a lefty, no doubt. But, I think she is about to realize that she is out of her league, and this will be the beginning of the end for Megyn. She is fighting for a percentage of viewers against so many other lefties. And we've seen what happens when protected classes have to fight against themselves. It doesn't end out so well.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
she wanted $25 million to stay at Fox

she works at most an hour a day reading what someone else writes...

so thats 5 hours a week

lets be generous here and double it because being a blonde she's probably a slow reader

so 10 hours a week for 50 weeks is 500 hours a year

so basically, she was wanting to get laid to the tune of $50,000 an hour

in addition to being a liberal twunt, that was probably too much to swallow

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53192 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
she was wanting to get laid to the tune of $50,000 an hour

wouldn't you?

I'll settle for $40,000 per hour.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
She is a lefty, no doubt. But, I think she is about to realize that she is out of her league, and this will be the beginning of the end for Megyn. She is fighting for a percentage of viewers against so many other lefties. And we've seen what happens when protected classes have to fight against themselves. It doesn't end out so well.

This. She will soon join a list of others who have thought their media personality was much greater than it was. A bit of fanfare in the beginning will dull the obvious initial onset of her demise. She is starting tainted (pun intended) and unlike the true hardcore original lefties (like Maddow) she will not be treated the same. She will not enjoy the bottomless pit of money and effort the left affords their own.

I predict a flash, then booze, then done. Hopefully she will have her kids and family to go back to after the crash. You can see it coming.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
I'd still hit it. Fairly and impartially.
If Megyn reads that, she shouldn't get too flattered. I have it on good authority that you'll hit most anything that has a pulse. Razz Big Grin

Pulse desirable, but not strictly necessary.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
While I don't share all her views, I will miss her on Fox. She added some level-headedness, balance, and credibility to the network. I feel she's a smart lady with her own views/thoughts. Not just repeating the party line.

If all there are on Fox are Sean Hannity types the network will become a propaganda machine.

Not to mention, she was great to look at.

Posts: 4987 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
She will soon join a list of others who have thought their media personality was much greater than it was.

Oh, c'mon - she's the next Ashley Banfield! Of course Banfield was the next Paula Zahn, Zahn was the next Katie Couric, Couric was the next Barbara Walters...

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
She will soon join a list of others who have thought their media personality was much greater than it was.

Oh, c'mon - she's the next Ashley Banfield! Of course Banfield was the next Paula Zahn, Zahn was the next Katie Couric, Couric was the next Barbara Walters...

Youre too funny!!!

I remember Banfield during the First Gulf War. Remember that? She was competing with the "Scud Stud" for face time. I recall having bets with my wife over what color her hair was gonna be from day to day. The collars and cuffs never matched Im sure....

Thanks for the laugh!!!

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'll tell you when she knew her goose was cooked at Fox- November 9th, 2016 at about 2:30 AM EST. I watched her when the news came through that Clinton had conceded. She smiled at the camera so pleasantly, but she knew that she was done at Fox.

She thought Trump would be a push over for her to trash him and help defeat him in the Election. Like the other MSM hacks they didn't take notice of Trump beating out the other Republicans running for the Nomination to begin with and neither did most of the other MSM's.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, c'mon - she's the next Ashley Banfield!

Not to derail this, but Ashleigh Banfield is now on HLN taking Nancy Grace's place.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
she was wanting to get laid to the tune of $50,000 an hour

wouldn't you?

I'll settle for $40,000 per hour.

I'd have to prorate.

Posts: 6316 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Good, now give Dennis Miller his own 1 hour show Fox!!!

I doubt that there are enough people watching TV that would comprehend a full hour of Dennis Miller.

Good, I'm not alone in this line of thought. I loved him on MNF and his short stint there proves your point.

As far as Ms. Kelly - I could care less. I liked Laurie Dhue better anyway.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBTRS:
While I don't share all her views, I will miss her on Fox. She added some level-headedness, balance, and credibility to the network. I feel she's a smart lady with her own views/thoughts. Not just repeating the party line.

If all there are on Fox are Sean Hannity types the network will become a propaganda machine.

Not to mention, she was great to look at.

WILL become?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll miss looking at her, but not her viewpoints.

Posts: 1142 | Location: Phila Area | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I hope they give her a slot to Harris Faulkner. I wont miss Megan Kelly in the slightest.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Not to derail this, but Ashleigh Banfield is now on HLN taking Nancy Grace's place.

I guess that, technically, that is sorta coming up in the world. But she's spent something like, what, a decade? in the wilderness since her glory days.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Although I disagreed with her a lot, I did think Barbara Walters had class.

flshguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Relative to the other women in that list, sure. But I think that the soft-spoken tone and more tasteful clothes were due more to her being a product of an earlier time. It hasn't been so many years ago that she thought she had to spice up a biography by telling tales of having slept with a black, married U.S. Senator - and humiliating the man's family all over again in the national media.

Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
quote:
loved him on MNF and his short stint there proves your point.

I have a different take on why his "stint" was short. When people watch sports they're typically looking to get away from the everyday. It used to drive me nuts when Dennis would go off on these tangents when I just waned to watch the game... apparently I wasn't alone. It wasn't because we didn't "get it." It was because we didn't WANT it, at least not during our game.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
So who succeeds her?

Trish Reagan?
Martha McCallum?

Please, not Kimberly Guilfoyle?

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post