SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling Indian Jones: fat guy crashes through floor, ancient Cherokee underground discovered
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling Indian Jones: fat guy crashes through floor, ancient Cherokee underground discovered Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
http://experiencecadescove.com...ve-underground-city/

“I’m a pretty big guy, so I don’t think the old wood floors were accustomed to supporting someone with my build. When I knelt down to start cleaning the fireplace, I started to hear a cracking sound, and before I knew it, I had fallen through the boards. I was pretty embarrassed at the time, but now I’m really happy that it happened.”

The mile-long tunnel beneath the John Oliver Cabin leads to a massive underground city that is believed to have been constructed by the Cherokee. According to the National Park Service press release, the city is around 350 years old.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Lost City of the Morlocks.

quote:
For information about seeing the underground city in Cades Cove, don’t check back here. This entire story has been an April Fools’ Day joke! To the best of our knowledge, there aren’t any subterranean cities located beneath the Smoky Mountains. However, there are plenty of wonderful things to see and do above ground in Cades Cove. To prepare for your next visit to the Smokies, check out our guide to the Top 6 Cades Cove Activities You Don’t Want to Miss.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
O.K. I read it to the end and my imagination ran wild until the end. The jokes on me.

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
This is old news. Wink

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
A couple of friends and I made the mistake of entering Cades Cove on our motorcycle trip to the Carolinas, ended up in a bumper to bumper crawl of lookie loos that couldn't simply drive through at 5 to 10 mph but had to stop, creep, stop, creep look cows, look trees, look a field, oh my a cabin... We took a central cut off road to get off the loop and ended up stopping at that cabin,

It was 15 years ago and I was 100 pounds lighter at the time or I'd have discovered the caverns LOL

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I heard the Cherokee Nation is gonna Souix.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll have to eat Crow.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Big Grin Bravo!

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
The Creek should get a rise out of this.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Indian Jones & the Centre of Call.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

That would be amaizeing.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post