SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm Going To Be A Dad(Again) In 7 Days, Nevermind, 14 Days. He's Here!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm Going To Be A Dad(Again) In 7 Days, Nevermind, 14 Days. He's Here! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
And starting to get nervous as hell! Another boy to join his nearly 2.5 year old brother!

My wife had a HORRIBLE labor and delivery last time with what we calculated was 44 hours of labor cumulating in an emergency C-section. Baby was a full 2 weeks late which only added to her misery.

This time around she is going for a vaginal birth and not letting this little guy go more than a week past his due date. I'm trying to get ready to be her co pilot through all this but don't feel ready at all. Our Doula (birth coach/helper) just backed out too which doesn't help and now we are scrambling to find another in a week.

We will be at one of the best hospitals on the East Coast for maternity which makes me feel a little better, they were really good last time!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PASig,

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Remember to breath! Good Luck!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3764 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Best wishes!

We'll be looking for the photos of the new little PASig.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30715 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Sounds like we are on about the same schedule. We have a 2 yr 7 mo old boy and last Saturday we had our second, another little boy. Greatest thing that ever happened to me.

Prayers for mommy and the baby that everything will go smoothly. FWIW, our second came out a lot quicker than the first. We weren't in the hospital an hour before he was born and we went home about 40 hours later.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10494 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Our first was an emergency C-section too, six weeks premature. With such a crazy first birth, the second one was nearly a breeze. Wish you the same!

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Best of luck.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Good luck! Sleep all you can now.

Posts: 3159 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all parties involved!!!

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12137 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Man, a veritable flood of new kids and grandkids! What was the weather like 9 months ago?
Congratulations, you are blessed, and blessed to have access to excellent medical care if it should be needed (some of these close off on their own, others require surgery). A pediatric cardiology consultation sounds called for.

Posts: 18089 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
A pediatric cardiology consultation sounds called for.

Huh?

I don't understand that part of your reply.

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
A pediatric cardiology consultation sounds called for.

Huh?

I don't understand that part of your reply.

Yeah, I understood everything up to that. :-)

PA, Good thoughts coming from this sector.

Posts: 1971 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Mazel Tov, Pa!!

(And I think the confusing comment was meant to go in this thread.)

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
See I got confused with all the announcements!
Very very sorry PASig!!

Seriously, should have re-read your post prior to posting.

Posts: 18089 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Congrats. We welcomed a boy 12 weeks ago. His sister is only 18 months older than him.

Good luck with everything! Sounds like you're in good hands.

Posts: 5075 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Our Doula (birth coach/helper) just backed out too which doesn't help and now we are scrambling to find another in a week.

Thank God our Doula from last time who backed out due to a family emergency gave us a recommendation for a new Doula service and now we get 2 of them! This really works out as they are a huge help during labor and in helping me stay focused on helping my wife and taking over when I need a break etc.

For those who have never heard of a Doula, here is some info: What is a doula?

Big Grin

Now down to 4 days!

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Good luck and health to all of you!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8389 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Good luck! Our labor was long and not fun until she finally got an epidural, then it was smooth sailing.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you and your family.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
My best to you and your growing family. Keep us posted.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5293 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
One full week late my wife finally went into labor, she labored at home until she couldn't take it any longer then we headed to the hospital. Arrived at 9:30pm Friday night and by 12:30am Saturday morning, Declan Robert PASig was born!

His mother is a real trooper, did this via natural birth after c-section for our first (called a VBAC) and NO epidural either.

This is a big boy and we are in love already: 9lbs 8oz and 21 inches long. Our nickname for him already is "Big Boy" (His older brother, aged 2.5 years is Buddy Boy)