New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forum avatars Login/Join 
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted
Has anyone else noticed the forum avatars have jumped in size?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Have they, now? /wickedly rubs his hands.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18091 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
No they are still the same size. When you are on a slow internet connection they appear actual size until your connection syncs up and the forums software resizes it for you. There are a number of members who don't give a @#$^ and just post silly large pictures, even though it says 60x60 size. It's extremely annoying.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Mine hasn't.

Posts: 4055 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Mine hasn't.

You are sized at 60x46

You are doing it right.

OP, if you are on a PC try holding down Ctrl and using scroll button on mouse, or click on View then Zoom, if Zoom is over 125% you probably accidently changed it. If on phone, what kind of phone?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:
Has anyone else noticed the forum avatars have jumped in size?

You meant the volume of avatars right? There is a member here that has offered to host members' avatars on his site so they can be posted here. I have searched for the thread but can't seem to find it now.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8760 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...860068314#6860068314

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
There are a number of members who don't give a @#$^ and just post silly large pictures, even though it says 60x60 size. It's extremely annoying.

or, some of us might be computer retarded and not know they are doing something wrong...and not know how to fix it.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11458 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
There are a number of members who don't give a @#$^ and just post silly large pictures, even though it says 60x60 size. It's extremely annoying.

or, some of us might be computer retarded and not know they are doing something wrong...and not know how to fix it.

In which case, they shouldn't just go ahead and do it and nevermind they're flagrantly breaking the rule?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18091 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

When I first joined this forum, I knew absolutely nothing about posting on forums, posting pictures, resizing pictures online, photo hosting sites... nothing. I was the very definition of a noob. But I saw the 60x60 notation about the avatars and started to do some research. I spent literally two days figuring out the proper way to resize a photo and upload it. I wasn't going to upload an avatar until I had it figured out.

The ones with the oversized avatars mostly can't be bothered to learn and simply don't care. I've even resized photos for members and posted them only to be completely ignored.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:

When I first joined this forum, I knew absolutely nothing about posting on forums, posting pictures, resizing pictures online, photo hosting sites... nothing. I was the very definition of a noob. But I saw the 60x60 notation about the avatars and started to do some research. I spent literally two days figuring out the proper way to resize a photo and upload it. I wasn't going to upload an avatar until I had it figured out.

The ones with the oversized avatars mostly can't be bothered to learn and simply don't care. I've even resized photos for members and posted them only to be completely ignored.

Good news Mike, even if you didn't do it on purpose yours is correctly sized. 48x60. Anyone else who has a problem with it I will happily resize for you, for the low low price of free 99. Also another member has offered to BOTH host and resize for you, hard to beat that offer. For those who are unable or unwilling to figure it out, take him or me up.

PS Balzé, same here. Only forums I have ever been on were industry specific and I didn't have a picture. I have always understood that membership here is a privilege and tried to conform to all rules and norms, sometimes failing, but always trying.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

I have noticed recently.

Living in a place where internet speed is often a problem....I've noticed a thread or two (especially several years ago) where I finally just give up and back out...because of avatar sizing. Internet speeds are a bit better since then, but occassionally I notice the avatar resizing. I can't recall it being an issue which cause me to back out of a thread in quite some time though. At least, not when on at my office. Some cheaper hotels and bad cell service hot-spotting of my phone to laptop have triggered the issue, but I figured I was in the minority. This site even on the seldom occasion of several large avatars, is still one of the easier sites to access than the majority of websites and forums I frequent. I don't have to run any fancy script stripping filters here or worry about what crazy ad is going to popup and slow down my browser.

To para, lbj, and the others who host and pay for this space, once again...thank you.

I figure keeping the avatar size down, is one of the least ways we can thank them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13986 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
They're just happy to see you....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post