SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pepsi taps 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' star (Kendall Jenner) for its latest ad campaign
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pepsi taps 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' star (Kendall Jenner) for its latest ad campaign Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
I don't know, Kendall Jenner is attractive, and it's just a soda commercial. Not a big deal, really. But, almost everything about this, from the Kardashians with their....odd stardom, to Caitlyn Jenner with his/her sex change, to the hipster political message is just too much for me. There's just so much wrong here and it's continually being crammed down our throats, so much so that it almost elicits a gag response. It's downright unsettling in a sense.

The second article also links the Pepsi ad from the early 90's featuring Cindy Crawford. I soooo much prefer this simple ad featuring a legit supermodel downing a Pepsi. It's uncomplicated, doesn't preach, I can at least relate to the concept. One ad makes me want to drink a Pepsi and the other makes me swear I never will again.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/04...est-ad-campaign.html

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...ring-protesters.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
"Pepsi taps 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' star (Kendall Jenner)"

Is he a rapper or a basketball player?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:

Consider yourself fortunate to not know the difference! Or, think back to Bruce Jenner being featured on a Wheaties box, speaking of simpler times.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Doesn't hold a candle to this 'real' commercial...

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Guess I'll have to start swilling Pepsi if I want to be "hip" and "cool". Like that sweaty bass fiddle player.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bigdeal:
Doesn't hold a candle to this 'real' commercial...

I prefer Pepsi but that coke is a much better commercial.

But the end of the Pepsi Commercial was very good with the masses giving a soda to an Officer.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
This is what you get when Millennials start making decisions in the Marketing Department.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want a coke or a Pepsi so badly. I haven't had a sugar drink since Labor Day. Cut myself off cold turkey after doc Wanted to put me on diabetes meds. After a blood test got her upset at me. I was drinking a liter a day easily. Now I only drink black coffee, no sugar iced tea, water or milk. Ocasional beer. But no soft drinks in 6+ months now. My doc was so impressed by my retested blood results she said don't punish myself and have a coke once in a while. Nope. Can't relapse. Sorry Kendall

Posts: 4956 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
My doc was so impressed by my retested blood results she said don't punish myself and have a coke once in a while. Nope. Can't relapse. Sorry Kendall

Kendall's with team Pepsi. Just to set the record straight. Wink

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:
My doc was so impressed by my retested blood results she said don't punish myself and have a coke once in a while. Nope. Can't relapse. Sorry Kendall

Can't trust a Jenner to keep with the same team...

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23654 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:

Can't trust a Jenner to keep with the same team...

Ouch!.....Truth hurts though.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
But the end of the Pepsi Commercial was very good with the masses giving a soda to an Officer.

That was a nice touch. I'd of much preferred it didn't appear to be set around a protest march, of course.

I will say, it doesn't seem genetically possible for Kris Jenner to produce unattractive female offspring.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Drink water not sugary garbage.

Posts: 2427 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Pepsi is having issues with the soda tax. 80+ people "laid off" at their Philly plant because of the very quick effects of the tax implementation.

Pepsi could put Moses in a commercial and it would not change my soda habits. But I wish them luck.

http://www.philly.com/philly/n...blames-soda-tax.html

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:

That was a nice touch. I'd of much preferred it didn't appear to be set around a protest march, of course.

I will say, it doesn't seem genetically possible for Kris Jenner to produce unattractive female offspring.

There was a specific reason for that scene.

In real life, these protests are actually directed AT the police - that's what the thugs are protesting. When they finally push it too far they always say "I dindu nuffin, da po-lees just attacked us for no reason". These protests pushed a lot of people to vote republican in 2016.

This commercial is trying to portray the protesters as hip, informed, concerned citizens who are peaceful and love the police. If there are any problems at these protests it MUST be the fault of the police.

That's the message they are trying to send and it's also why they are being ripped to shreds on social media.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I never thought a politicized marketing plan was a good idea. Pepsi is willing to potentially sacrafice their older market share to gain a younger one. I believe that younger folks prefer pepsi already over coke due to the sweetness. Risky move IMO.

As far as kendall jenner well id venture to guess we will get used to no name micro celebrities that have millions of followers on twitter,instagram etc...halking products. It wont happen tomorrow but it will happen.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
"Pepsi taps 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' star (Kendall Jenner)"

Wink I see what you did there.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4653 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure Pepsi ain't the first one to "tap" Kendall...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11220 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

- John Adams

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post