SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DC Folks, quick question about hotels in surrounding area.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC Folks, quick question about hotels in surrounding area. Login/Join 
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Metro access seems to make a lot of sense. Many people get very confused driving in DC and traffic/parking can be a mess.

I will ask this. Will you have any free time? If so what do you want to do/see? First time in DC?

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^Good question. Having lived here my whole life, I will accompany anyone who asks to see Smithsonian A&S or Natural History. Never get sick of those. Also walk mall and see Washington Monument.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
^^^Good question.
Also walk mall and see Washington Monument.

Walking the Mall is the first thing I tell people to do. Smithsonian 2nd.

So much history and things to see just walking from the Capital to the Lincon Memorial. If you have no time during the day do it at night. The summer heat will be better, crowds less and seeing some of the Memorials at night is something special.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
How about the AC Hotel on 156 Waterfront st?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9750 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
air BnB

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3817 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
^^^Good question. Having lived here my whole life, I will accompany anyone who asks to see Smithsonian A&S or Natural History. Never get sick of those. Also walk mall and see Washington Monument.

In the 30 years I lived in Gaithersburg, I must have taken several dozen tours of the Smithsonian museums. Always glad to share them with visitors.

Posts: 10883 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Since my son moved nearby, my wife and I have snagged rooms at the Courtyards in Rosslyn (Arlington) with weekend rates under $100. A couple of weekdays were unreal. Its a 5 minute walk to the Rosslyn metro.

For goodness sake, don't stay at the Marriott Townplace Suites in Falls Church. Had a run-in with a crop of bed bugs.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post