SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michael Knowles versus "speech is violence" whacko college faculty member
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Knowles versus "speech is violence" whacko college faculty member Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
If you don't agree with what's being said to you, just call the words "violence". Godawful stupidity from the most confused people on the planet. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Just wow.
Completely clueless.

Posts: 1482 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
She has no business teaching as she is yet untaught.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29722 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
she will never be able to learn because she's not competent enough to do any critical thinking

the fact that she is 'faculty' is an indication that she's lost hers

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
In the words of gamer culture: OWNED!

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I think psychologists call it "projectionism." I think that when a simple minded person like the woman in this video expresses a deep felt idea to someone who has a much higher intellect, and the smarter person dismantles their ridiculous ideas with ease, the less intelligent person feels an urge to perpetrate violence against her intellectual superior, and she projects those urges onto the other person.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10711 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I hate that people feel they have to say "with all due respect"

How about, your a moron, you evidently are a professor of moron. You have an agenda and you stopped thinking critically a decade or so ago (I would hypothesize that it was snuffed out as an undergrad by like minded pretentious professors). And you being at the heart of the institutional, and intellectually moronic university system is why our young people are so confused.

And so without due respect, because you have squandered your 'due respect' by being a moron. You madam professor are the problem.

Granted, she didnt start screaming like some professors have done. She did try to keep it civil. But holy hell, this is critical thinking 101. Any high school debate club could tear that argument apart. At some level, a highly intellectual person has to be able to see this?

I love how she wants to just 'ignore' his facts and statistics to further her agenda dialog. I have professor friends that do the same to me, and they will just hurumph and state "more alternative facts" and it is just terrible thinking. Find a random fact that fits my narrative and I suspend the remainder of the process of critical analysis because I now have a witty barb.

When I was a kid a professor challenged me to "take my thought to conclusion" and in doing so I learned to see the world differently. I believe this is what Candace Owen went through. She started thinking through the logic of things and she saw the world anew.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3592 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Terribly sad and reminiscent of Liberal Dementia going on now. Frown

Posts: 22936 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The verbal exchange is like a parent speaking to a misbehaving kindergarten girl.

And again, another white commie castigating another white person for racism and keeping people of color down. In private moments, it must pain her to no end that she is white and not black or hispanic.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16719 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A live demonstration would be helpful. OK, young lady- first thing that's gonna happen is we're going to read the text of some of President Trump's speeches to you, and then we're gonna take a baseball bat to your empty head. When err if you wake up from that, you be sure to let us know which one of those two things was actual violence, you fucking ninny.

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
What a dolt.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These idiots are teaching our kids. And parents are footing the bill.
Seeing videos like this gives me an interesting take on the recent college admissions bribery scandal:
How would you like to pay 6 figures + to bribe your kid into college, only to have him / her graduate and call you a racist, fascist and all the other ists these people use to describe others. Now that would be a bite on the ass!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

Well Darth, you could bring to everyone's attention that she Woke, very, very Woke. Woke is so very important these days Roll Eyes

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Systemic racism
Structural racism
Inherent bias

Yup, she checked liberal buzz words.

Posts: 14676 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
What she is saying is clearly stupid. But make no mistake: there is a deliberate, malicious purpose: to undermine and ultimately destroy the First Amendment. The First Amendment, like the Second, is an archenemy of totalitarianism.

Totalitarians are entrenched in academia, the media, entertainment, and politics. You will hear them say all sorts of senseless things. But then consider what they have said in the framework of totalitarianism. Now it makes sense.

The question to ask is: What are the dynamics of power here? If this woman becomes the arbiter of who gets to say what, and what speech is simply not permitted-- how much power does she gain?

Care to hear her views on the Second Amendment? You already know, right? But it does not matter what gibberish she might spout. What she is saying does not need to be sensible, logical or true. It just needs to happen. She just needs her position of influence as a professor to work toward the implementation of her goal.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Wow. Followed a link in the comments to that same teacher "interjecting" her politics into a conversation over on the Fleccas Talks feed.

These people are.... special.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2111 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Simple rule of thumb. Anyone who thinks 'speech' or the discussion of 'ideas' is violence, has never been punched in the mouth. Maybe we need to work on changing that reality.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I hate when they talk about people of color being profiled, it happens to more than just “people of color”. I appear white even though I’m half Hispanic. I’ve been pulled over 4 times for no reason other than profiling, one time it was for exceeding the speed limit by only 1 mph. At those times the cars I drove conjured up suspicions by law enforcement so they found probable cause to pull me over. I certainly didn’t like it but when they realized I was doing nothing wrong I went on my way, it’s just part of life. FYI I never asked if I was being detained nor did I tell them I was a sovereign citizen and needless to say I wasn’t tazed.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

Well Darth, you could bring to everyone's attention that she Woke, very, very Woke. Woke is so very important these days Roll Eyes

My cat is woke. She is well aware of her food bowl. She is also an ignoramus. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29722 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
If speech is violence then they are justified in using violence to counteract it. The gainsay is only used for justification for some of the Left's violent proclivities.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post