SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oprah Winfrey is "actively thinking" about running for president
Page 1 2 3 4 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Oprah Winfrey is "actively thinking" about running for president Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
...not to mention what she may have done before. She has more ego that brains.
Such as her ties to Weinstein

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23335 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
I'm sure the libs are having orgasms over this "news" Roll Eyes Especially the media folks.

NBC already tweeted, calling her OUR future president.

http://www.washingtonexaminer....weet/article/2645264

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Sure. Go ahead.

Posts: 3666 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Seems to me I heard reported that this was a false report--that she had not made any such statement.

Correct.

But this is a not-uncommon method of unofficially testing the water. Have someone "leak" that a certain person is considering running or planning to run. Then gauge the reaction to determine if it's worth pursuing or not.

Posts: 32563 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Yea, I saw that someone at NBC had anointed her as their great leader.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10499 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
NBC isn't even hiding how biased they are.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
NBC isn't even hiding how biased they are.

Now they are scrambling to walk that back:

quote:

NBC

@nbc
Yesterday a tweet about the Golden Globes and Oprah Winfrey was sent by a third party agency for NBC Entertainment in real time during the broadcast. It is in reference to a joke made during the monologue and not meant to be a political statement. We have since removed the tweet.

10:39 AM - Jan 8, 2018

Yeah, right.
Roll Eyes

Posts: 33901 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I understand Trump , with all his money and agenda's running and " W I n n i n g ",
but why anyone with Oprah money would run is beyond my scope.

I'm not sure I see your point regarding money... Oprah's net worth is roughly the same as Trump's: ~$3 Billion.

Trump is the 248th richest person in the country as of last year, and Oprah is the 264th richest.

He got his money from working. She got her money from talking and giving away cars. She's Oprah, not a solution to any of our problems. I don't think his point was the level of wealth, but maybe how it was attained. Trump money has horsepower and gets shit done because he made money by getting shit done. Oprah money has advertisers and give-aways because give-aways mean ad revenue. Oprah money and Trump money have different values at the same dollar amount, to my mind. I see a difference.

That anyone who's been paid billions to sit on their ass and talk about nothing without accomplishing much else outside their cult of personality thinking they would be suited to the job of running the greatest country in the world is out of my scope also. Beyond that, just about everyone I know who doesn't like Trump has banged on the "reality TV star" nonsense, if not outright saying we've elected Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho for president. That Oprah maybe possibly thinking about running doesn't shatter some of those folk's heads out of sheer irony, I don't know what will. She's got nothing else to attain by this venture except perhaps a mediocre failure of the first female US presidency. Best for all of us (and somewhere way down on the line, Oprah), if if she simply just keeps being Oprah and getting paid to be Oprah. She could spend the rest of her life doing what she's always done, sit on her ass and talk, and be just fine.

Posts: 17229 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Yea, I saw that someone at NBC had anointed her as their great leader.

I think that since there's so little about Leftism that is inspiring, when someone actually is, it is heralded. Part of Stampy Feet's seduction was a cathartic release of validation he provided. It is a cult of personality and identity. The Oprah inspired Leftists last night. The sane in the population are dreading the idea however remote. Just tells me the Dems bench is as barren as their platform.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29736 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I would give odds that she will carry California. This state is so f@#ked up they would vote for her or Michelle Obama without giving it second thought.

Posts: 245 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Whether she runs or not, the setup is on and appears to be well planned and complex. Commies AKA dems, care little about actual issues except as tools for power and polarization. A war on men in the name of sexual harassment has been waged and the main target is Donald Trump . There isn't a better general to lead this war than a victim of abuse, racism, sexism, and every other ism. She's probably the most loved and respected person of liberal women.

She trips many triggers for libs, many of them will vote for her as they did for shillary, just to cast a vote for the first female president. The minority card has been played successfully, and is part of the winning dem formula. They can't preach that white racist and sexist men are the enemy and then run biden. The fantasy of an 0 candidate is identity politics on steroids.

Having no legislative accomplishments since the 2016 elections and full effort spent on Trump bashing, the dems have weighed their options carefully, and as shitty as they are at governing, polling, evaluating real leadership, and forecasting, they've picked their route to return to power. The good news is they may have concluded Trump bashing alone won't get the job done, and they may back off that a little.

Years of 0's show will give lots of statements that will make her not look presidential or turn voters off. I hope the same group that did the billboards with streep and "She Knew!" will immediately do the same with 0 and winestein photos.

0 could easily be the dem frontrunner, and if so indicates the sad and dire state of the party. Their candidate was likely going to "of color" anyway, moochelle, booker, or harris. They need that to get over 95 percent black votes for their candidate. I suspect Donald will hit her like she can't imagine, and I hope she rues the day she ever considered it when its over.

Remember how much banter about DT being an entertainer with no political leadership experience? That suddenly won't matter.

Posts: 7485 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
She can actively kiss my ass.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16123 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Report This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
bleh

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Report This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The same clown car that was full of Republican candidates at the beginning of the 2016 campaign will be full of Democrats at the beginning of the 2020 cycle. She'll only be one of them.

She pushes buttons for a lot of Dems, but I bet not for all. She'll get most of the support that the Hildabeast got, but I doubt she'll do much for the Sandersnista contingent. Being rich, she won't be commie enough for them. I'm absolutely sure is she runs, Obama will be backing her all the way. That will get her a lot of support in the Dem primaries.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah, plus it doesn't really seem like the Clintons are in much of a position to choose the nominee these days. Hill may threaten to run (pause for sniggering), but at best it'll be to try to maximize her influence over the eventual nominee. And, as we all saw nine years ago, Oprah isn't likely to worry much about Hill'n'Bill's input.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
How exciting!!!! Maybe she could have Dr. Phil as her running mate, or perhaps someone from The View.

Posts: 17284 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My Ridgeback farm dog is more qualified than Dopefra.

Posts: 26954 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

He got his money from working. She got her money from talking and giving away cars.

She may not be qualified for POTUS, but to claim she hasn't worked for her $3B is kind of silly. I'm pretty sure that's the case with most millionaires and billionaires. In previous clips, Trump has spoken well of her.

P229

Posts: 3848 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
In previous clips, Trump has spoken well of her.

Doesn't mean he's not working on a new nickname for her as we speak. Wink

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Sadly, she might get a lot of votes. There are stupid people in this country and there are a LOT of them. Right out of the gate she would have the main stream media, academia, and Hollywood shilling for her nonstop.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post