SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fired a customer today and made her pay.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fired a customer today and made her pay. Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted
One of our fine, part-time, seasonal residents came into our pet store today with her 100+ pound Burmese Mountain Dog. While the customer watched, her dog lifted his very large leg and urinated all over a bin of packaged dog treats. She just stood there and allowed him to finish his copious evacuation.

Our assistant manager saw it and told her to stop her dog. She also told her she would have to pay for the treats. She didn’t stop her dog.

The woman got belligerent and actually told our manager that she had been in other pet stores, this happened and she didn’t pay for the treats.

Our manager assured her that in this store, she had to pay. The customer agreed to pay and promised she’d never come in again. Our staff agreed.

In this case it’s better that my wife and I were not in the store. It wouldn’t have gone as easily.

She is banned and can never enter again. You can’t make this stuff up.

Posts: 12950 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
So much for the old bullschiff that the customer is always right.

Sometimes, you have to fire them!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Entitled snowflake from New York?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7291 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Start to pee on her and see how long she tolerates it.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32049 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I just don’t get people, what kind of moron thinks that is ok?

Posts: 4231 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
The best trick in business is giving a bad customer to the competition.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1101 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you have a really good employee!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Pay. Shit, she should've been made to clean it up too.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13112 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Those dog pee in quart size volumes.
I'd be as pissed off as the the dog treats!

Posts: 8726 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
I saw the same thing in a PetSmart... A Petsmart employee came over and told the guy that it wasn't a public park. The dog owner said "But it's PetSmart?!?" Not sure what he meant, the employee didn't know either. Like the idiot thought you're allowed to let your dog piss on a bunch of dry dog food bags because it's PetSmart... Roll Eyes

The PetSmart employee told they guy to leave and never come back. They should have made him pay - it was a stack of 50 lb bags of Science Diet food... Expensive stuff

'veritas non verba magistri'

Posts: 4010 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in a Iowa City PetSmart store several years ago, and they allow pets in the store. Lots of dogs of all sizes! Saw several aggressive dogs acting out, but they had muzzle devices on. The owners didn't seem to be able to discipline their dogs, and one pooped on the floor. Lots of potential for problems.
Good on your employee for their, correct, response and action! Irresponsible and clueless dog owners are the baneof slot of pet problems!

Jim

Posts: 1354 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
She just sent us this note:

"I certainly hope this message reaches the local owner. I have a second home in the Boone area and a one-year-old Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. I come to your store every time I’m here - usually about once a month - and spend an average of about $100-200 in your store. Today when I visited, I waited outside on the bench for another shopper with a smaller dog to finish her shopping and leave. My giant is a big “dog enthusiast,” and i think I’m a very responsible pet owner. Right after we entered, your sales clerk pointed out that my dog marked two very expensive treat (25% off) containers and told me I had to buy them. Store policy. First let me say that had my dog peed on anything unpackaged or not in waterproof packaging that another animal would consume, I would pay for it with no complaint in a heartbeat - no matter what it cost. But these dried liver treats were in sealed, hard plastic containers - the kind that you have to break a piece off the rim to get open. They could EASILY AND THOROUGHLY be cleaned with diluted bleach or a chlorox wipe. I would have even done it. To make me purchase these items was WRONG. It’s your business, but this store policy cost you a loyal customer. And I will tell ALL of my dog-loving friends in Boone, BR and BE of my treatment in your store. My future business would have been worth a LOT more than the $38 I paid today".

Wonder if our customers would be happy if we washed urine off of a container and sold them? She might not care but we do.

posted Hide Post
quote:
"I certainly hope this message reaches the local owner. I have a second home in the Boone area and a one-year-old Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. I come to your store every time I’m here - usually about once a month - and spend an average of about $100-200 in your store. Today when I visited, I waited outside on the bench for another shopper with a smaller dog to finish her shopping and leave. My giant is a big “dog enthusiast,” and i think I’m a very responsible pet owner. Right after we entered, your sales clerk pointed out that my dog marked two very expensive treat (25% off) containers and told me I had to buy them. Store policy. First let me say that had my dog peed on anything unpackaged or not in waterproof packaging that another animal would consume, I would pay for it with no complaint in a heartbeat - no matter what it cost. But these dried liver treats were in sealed, hard plastic containers - the kind that you have to break a piece off the rim to get open. They could EASILY AND THOROUGHLY be cleaned with diluted bleach or a chlorox wipe. I would have even done it. To make me purchase these items was WRONG. It’s your business, but this store policy cost you a loyal customer. And I will tell ALL of my dog-loving friends in Boone, BR and BE of my treatment in your store. My future business would have been worth a LOT more than the $38 I paid today".

Wonder if our customers would be happy if we washed urine off of a container and sold them? She might not care but we do.

Talk about ENTITLED. Feel sorry for the poor spouse. Walter Mitty type I suspect. I am self employed as well. The old adage of 1 percent of your customers create 99 percent of your problems remains true. As referenced earlier a referral to a disliked competitor would be in order.

Posts: 17528 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
My response to her, “Piss Off”
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
And I will tell ALL of my dog-loving friends in Boone, BR and BE of my treatment in your store.

Oh, I hope she does, please do it! I hope they tell her she's wrong and they take responsibility for their dogs actions as any honest, respectful person should. Hopefully they tell her it's no different than if one of their kids broke her brand new TV. Would she not expect the parents to replace it if it was her property destroyed?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21141 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Was the incident captured on video? If it was, and if the ex-customer decides that it is a good idea to badmouth The Pet Place, I can think of many creative things to do with the video.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31444 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
So she's going to tell her friends that your business has a problem when her dog pisses all over your merchandise and she thinks that's wrong?

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Was the incident captured on video? If it was, and if the ex-customer decides that it is a good idea to badmouth The Pet Place, I can think of many creative things to do with the video.

Yes, indeed. Sandy and I were off today but we will review the tape tomorrow.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
What a dumbass bitch.

Not much else to say about that kind of behavior.

Bye!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17620 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:

Perhaps monitoring your Yelp Reviews would be in order to respond to any adverse postings...

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post