SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thanks to All On Duty December 24th and 25th
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks to All On Duty December 24th and 25th Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
To everyone on duty (military, law enforcement, fire, doctors, nurses, EMS, dispatch) today or tomorrow. Thank you for:
  • your service to your community or nation
  • the time you are spending away from your family to insure our safety.

Merry Christmas to each of you.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23646 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Mistake Not...
    Picture of Loswsmith
    posted Hide Post
    Amen!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 2070 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of JohnnyD
    posted Hide Post
    A M E N
    There are a lot of special people far away from home and their loved ones. Keep them in your prayers always.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Semper Fidelis Marines
    posted Hide Post
    Ugggg I am.working dayshift tmw...lol

thanks, shawn
    Semper Fi,
    ---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3350 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Yes and I pray all of them will be kept safe.

I recall being kinda lonely, way back in '65 in that SouthEast Asian Paradise. Got used to it, later, but the first one was a bit tough.

I recall, as a young policeman in the late 60s/early 70s, there was always some tragedy, a senseless killing, a deadly car crash, something it seemed to mar the day for some family.

I hope and pray this Christmas will be the best one for all our Service Members, First Responders, Docs/Nurses in the ERs, Firefighters and others who just have to be out there to keep the rest of us safe.

Bob

Posts: 1671 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Working Mid Shift Tomorrow night 2130-0730

James

We the unappreciated
    must do the unimaginable
    and see the unthinkable
    to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Save an Elephant
    Kill a Poacher
    Picture of urbanwarrior238
    posted Hide Post
    Thank you to all those unsung heroes and be safe. Know you are in the thoughts of many.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Posts: 1436 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Thank you. Working right now and Christmas Day. Already had a stabbing and just got done helping Animal Control with a starving abused dog. Once we get the poor thing trapped at least we will know it will have a warm shelter and food on Christmas.

Posts: 4130 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of az4783054
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by 357fuzz:
    Thank you. Working right now and Christmas Day. Already had a stabbing and just got done helping Animal Control with a starving abused dog. Once we get the poor thing trapped at least we will know it will have a warm shelter and food on Christmas.

Depraved humans do not recognize holidays. Stay safe and get home to your families. 26+ years of 24/7 call outs and working alone, but I kind of miss it.

Posts: 11199 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
    posted Hide Post
    Thank you and stay safe.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I spoke to one of the NC Highway Patrols in a local restaurant this afternoon. We talked for a few moments regarding the Sigs that they now carry. I thanked him for what he does & wished him a Merry Christmas.

I do the same for all here now. Thank you for what you do & Merry Christmas!

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of TigerDore
    posted Hide Post
    Thank you all for what you do. You are part of the backbone of this country.

Posts: 8879 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
    posted Hide Post
    thanks.. I wish I had never heard of LE. lol. Tomorrow my son spends Christmas alone. But we will open gifts after 9 pm.

Posts: 7865 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posting without pants
    Picture of KevinCW
    posted Hide Post
    Thanks all. Working now and off tomorrow... but we have already had 7 Major Case squad callouts this month... so prolly get called out tomorrow.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I know what I like
    I like what I know
    Picture of Mark in Michigan
    posted Hide Post
    Bless you all. Thank you for you your service.

Best regards,
    Mark in Michigan

Posts: 519 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    semi-reformed sailor
    Picture of MikeinNC
    posted Hide Post
    Be safe fellows. And Merry Christmas

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11457 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Go ahead punk, make my day
    posted Hide Post
    Thank you all who have the watch; I know your pain, having spent three holiday seasons deployed to unsavory parts the world - but there is rich satisfaction at holding the line on Christmas Day.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Thank you to all that serve and Merry Christmas

Posts: 2762 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Merry Christmas to you, and also don't forget the poor guys working security in cold buildings and parking lots.

The people working nursing homes, and mental health facilities.

Merry Christmas to everyone that has to be away from friends and family.

ARman

Posts: 3213 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of mcrimm
    posted Hide Post
    I’ve been fortunate to never have to work on Christmas after I left the Navy. I’ve always been appreciative of those that are required to keep us safe on these special days. Stay safe and know what you do is not taken lightly.

Have a blessed Christmas.
    Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
    When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4275 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post