SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need some assistance finding a trivet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some assistance finding a trivet Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
Good morning folks. I'm in need of a little assistance.

First off, I love my gas stove, but it has an issue. I can't get it to go low enough to just keep things warm. It's close, but I need more.

So, I'm looking for a trivet that will raise my pans above the burner high enough that I can accomplish this.

I've been unsuccessful in finding what I want online, but I did find a picture of, generally, what I'm looking for.

As in the picture, it needs to have a circular base to fit on any grate. I'd also like it to have a top that would securely hold any size pan from around 6" to 12".

I'm not sure if such an animal exists, but if someone could find one (or four) I would be eternally grateful.

Another option is if one of our resident blacksmiths wouldn't mind building one, I would be happy to make it worth your while.

Posts: 20557 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ops cwo
posted Hide Post
The trivet a wok sits on is very similar and easier to find.

DEH

Posts: 267 | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I've found that a heat diffuser works well for this on my stove.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15527 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Google "Wok ring" lots of them out there.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'm using one of these now, and it helps some but it's not good enough. It's kind of similar to the diffuser. I'm thinking that raising it up is my best option.

Not sure a wok stand would work well, but I may give one a try.

Posts: 20557 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I've found that a heat diffuser works well for this on my stove.

This is what I use. And Julia Childs I believe.

God Bless and Protect Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17541 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post