SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Farewell to Richard Erdman. You may not know the name, but you know the face
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Farewell to Richard Erdman. You may not know the name, but you know the face Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
https://www.foxnews.com/entert...rd-erdman-dead-at-93

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
What a great career. RIP, sir.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
Just watched him last week on Perry Mason. "The Case of the Murderous Mermaid". Good actor will definitely be missed. RIP sir.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 368 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
So long Hoffy.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Loved him in Stalag 17. I never realized how much he was in until I looked him up on IMDB. Looks like he worked pretty steadily for 70 years.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
He was in several Perry Mason's and I have watched some of them recently. There are so many great old character actors that we see over and over, but may not know their names.

Posts: 5618 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw him in an Andy Griffith episode recently. RIP.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Richard Erdman

The name didn't register nor did the picture with that Fox linked article. But a search with images brought the "ah ha!" moment. Big Grin Yes, very prolific actor.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The article I linked to mentions Cry Danger and it is one of my favorite films noir.

Here's just a tiny snippet- way too short- of the marvelous dialogue in this film. TCM regularly airs this movie, so you'll have a chance t catch it.

That's LA in the background. Great views of long-gone parts of Los Angeles in this film, but the real reason to watch it is for Powell and Erdman and their wisecracking.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yup, I remember him now. He was such a great character actor.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5038 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed him in the Twilight Zone.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great character actor! RIP.
Oh... In the Clover Park Trailer scene, the car Powell and Erdman are in is a 1950 Nash. Which had seats that transformed into a bed.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stalag 17 has to be one of my all-time favorite movies. After reading his IMDB article I hadn’t realized just how much he has done.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post