SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    <edited>We won our grant for a Little Free Library<edited>
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

<edited>We won our grant for a Little Free Library<edited> Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted
Our local community foundation starting offering mini grants about 3 years age for any project that betters our community. These are for small projects, less than a couple thousand dollars. You have to submit a proposal of your project including what your expected results are as well as a budget. Finalists are then selected and then the projects are voted on via Likes on the picture of the project.

I live in a very rural township of about 1300 people. We are about 12 miles from the nearest library. You may remember last November I was elected the new Township Supervisor. I submitted a proposal for $500 to construct and install a Little Free Library outside of our township hall. Our proposal made the Finalists and voting started today. If you are a FB user I would greatly appreciate your taking a few moments to stop by the Hillsdale County Community Foundation page and vote for The Little Free Library for Woodbridge Township. It's a little tedious, you have to scroll through the pictures in the album to locate it. When you get to our project, Like it.

Thanks for your help. the funds from the CF are 100% private donations so no tax dollars are involved. Thanks in advance for your help.

Brad

"Our project is to construct and maintain a Little Free Library (LFL) at our township hall in Frontier. Woodbridge Township and the village of Frontier sit between the Camden and Pittsford District Libraries. Visiting a library requires transportation and the ability to visit during their open hours. By placing a LFL at our town hall, it will provide access to books 24 hours a day and within walking distance of many of our residents. By providing a LFL, we hope to encourage reading by people of all ages. We hope that by providing easier access to books, reading will be encouraged and people will then visit our local libraries for a broader selection of books.
Books in our LFL will be inventoried monthly to verify circulation and to check that materials for all ages are available. Social media will be used to encourage and promote usage as well as obtain feedback from users.
We are budgeting $350 for the actual construction and installation by a local craftsperson, $125 for the initial inventory of books which will be purchased from local used bookstores and $25 for supplies such as bookmarks with information on local libraries and a record keeping notebook."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Appliance Brad,

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
done. I clicked the "Hillsdale county community foundation" link and it went straight to the little free library post. good luck.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Yep, Done!

I've noticed that a number of the churches in the Spokane Valley area have these LFLs set up in their parking lots... They seem to generate a lot of interest!

A good and helpful idea. Hope you win!

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Brad, you have my "like".

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Done did it. Good luck!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
done

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have basebook. Will head over now.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8018 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Done.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Done...Good luck!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Done and good luck with it!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done.

We have several of these around town. We like them.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done - good luck - we have quite a few citizens that have these on their property, next to the sidewalk. The younger kids seem to really enjoy them!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Done, Brad.
We have several little libraries here in Huntington. Very beneficial.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone! Keep those Likes coming.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Did what I can. You've got a lot of competition, and they all seem worthy projects.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
Done!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grant Awards were tonight. We finished fourth in the voting and were awarded our full request of $500 for our Little Free Library.

Thanks again everyone.

Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
This is great news. Good for you for always being in the middle of getting something good done. You are a blessing to a lot of people, Brad.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
That's fantastic, Brad. I remember a whole lot of competition going on. Great your cause rose to the top.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post