SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gone without warning...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gone without warning... Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
One year ago today my brother James passed from this life into eternity. It is hard to fathom that it's been a whole year already as I think about him most every day, and I've long lost count of the times I've picked up the phone to call or text him, even recently!

Just 3 days earlier he was out mowing the yard, though he really didn't feel up to it... then, almost before we knew what was happening, he was gone.

If you have family or friends that you've been meaning to contact or spend time with but just haven't, don't put it off. You may not get another chance! If only I could talk to my brother one more time...

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss. Your words are the truest anyone will read today. I wish every day that I had done as you advise.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1489 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. Words cannot convey...

CW

Posts: 3201 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss.
It's true what they say, that "The pain never goes away, but you learn to live with it."
Loss of a loved one, is the hardest thing to deal with.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.
Very true words spoken as far as not putting it off.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Bronicabill, sorry for your loss. We share the same date.

Lost my older brother 20yrs ago today. The first year is the hardest, I honestly look forward to this day as a "Celebration of Life". Although the other big "anniversaries" are tough as well. 5, 10, 20 years. Not looking forward to the 28th, he passed away when he was 28.

Just remember the happy memories, he will always be with you.

God Bless,
Smith

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
My aunt passed away 11 days ago, March 18. 3 days before her 62 birthday, 3/21/57. She went from fine to dead in less than 3 months, complications from fatty liver disease. I spoke with her about 2 weeks before she died. I had no idea she was that sick. Frown

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss Bronicabill.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
My aunt passed away 11 days ago, March 18. 3 days before her 62 birthday, 3/21/57. She went from fine to dead in less than 3 months, complications from fatty liver disease. I spoke with her about 2 weeks before she died. I had no idea she was that sick. Frown

It is amazing... in a bad way... just how quickly a person can get away from us! Sorry for your loss!

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for the loss of your brother Bronicabill, I guess I know what you're going through, my wife of over 40 years died on January 11. I'm really struggling with this...

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
I'm sorry for the loss of your brother Bronicabill, I guess I know what you're going through, my wife of over 40 years died on January 11. I'm really struggling with this...

Damn! I'd say your loss is much deeper than mine!!! My deepest sympathies!!!

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:

Damn! I'd say your loss is much deeper than mine!!! My deepest sympathies!!!

I don't know about that Bill, we're both left with a huge void in our lives.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I talked to my little bro today, we have been estranged (well, read that I estranged him) due to his former attitude toward forcing his liberal issue in every living breath he has....

But back in February we went to Fla to go to Harry Potterville and I met with my big bro, Dirty Chuck, Chuck invited Chris w/o telling me,. I was slightly alarmed when Chris pulled into the driveway, but Chuck said to give it a minute as Chris was no longer taking copious amounts of painkillers and head been lucid for several months.

This led to me actually answering his phone call today,without leti g it go to voicemail.something I haven’t done in 20 years due to his crazy ideas. I’m glad I have had a chance to reconnect with my brother, and rue she. I won’t be able to anymore. Getting old sucks .[/drift]

I’m sorry for your loss.

May his memory be a blessing.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post