SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is everything okay over at Ozarks Holster Company?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is everything okay over at Ozarks Holster Company? Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted
I've been emailing Dustin for a couple of weeks now.
No replies.

Anyone know if he's taking a break or under the weather?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen him post on here in a long time & didn't get a reply the last time I emailed him.

Hope all is well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15347 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I texted with him a couple weeks ago, seemed like everything was fine. He’d dropped off from posting a while ago but was still busy with his holsters. I’ll reach out to him, see how he’s doing.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Dustin isn’t always great when it comes to returning e-mails but I gave him a call last Friday to make a change to an existing order. He picked up almost immediately and was happy to help. He admitted that he’s a little behind on his orders (I’m at 2 months exactly on my order).

Posts: 3520 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.
I like his work so I will just be patient and hope he gets back to me.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of InLoveWithSigs
posted Hide Post
Just wondering the same thing again. The website looks wonky or down... best holsters ever. I own a bunch. Looking at new guns and was hoping to make some orders.

Sigs: P220, P228, P239, P290, P365, P365 NRA

Posts: 1131 | Location: Midwest | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Note that the thread to which you're following-up is a year and five months old. Evidence suggests he's out of the holster business, at least. See: Ozarks Holsters

Further: There were instances where he took orders, never delivered, and went radio silent. Some members that paid him in advance via PayPal were finally obliged to reach out to PayPal to get refunds. Some that paid otherwise apparently were out of luck.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ensigmatic,

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
A year and five months. His website has been defunct for a long time now.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Note that the thread to which you're following-up is five months old. Evidence suggests he's out of the holster business, at least. See: Ozarks Holsters

Further: There were instances where he took orders, never delivered, and went radio silent. Some members that paid him in advance via PayPal were finally obliged to reach out to PayPal to get refunds. Some that paid otherwise apparently were out of luck.

1 yr & 5 months old Eek
Shame. His stuff has been great for me. Makes you curious why he just dropped off the radar & out of contact.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15347 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of InLoveWithSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Note that the thread to which you're following-up is a year and five months old. Evidence suggests he's out of the holster business, at least. See: Ozarks Holsters

I just read the thread u linked. How sad. I really enjoyed doing business with him.

Kinda ticks me off when a guy flakes out on deals he’s taken money for. Also passed that I recommend him all the time, when people comment on my carry rig. Had no idea he’s been out of the game. I need to buy more gun, this more holsters, and I wouldn’t have this issue.

Sigs: P220, P228, P239, P290, P365, P365 NRA

Posts: 1131 | Location: Midwest | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
A google search indicates his BBB rating is awful, taking money and not delivering the product.

That's sad. Really sad.

Posts: 11856 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post