SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    OK , Ice Cream, tell me you are at least protecting your Ice Cream
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK , Ice Cream, tell me you are at least protecting your Ice Cream Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Who the fuck has ice cream that lasts long enough to grow frost?

Ain't nobody got time for that frost growing shit!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
LMAO - thank you, sir ! Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Agreed...no ice cream has languished in my freezer long enough to find out!

quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
How long does it take for ice to form on top of the ice cream....I personally have no idea Big Grin

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
If you buy the correct brand of ice cream you won't have any problems with frost. I buy Schooep's ice cream because it is the best tasting, and I've never had a frost problem yet.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
If you are getting frost on your ice cream you are doing it wrong.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Let see the only times I recall seeing frost near ice cream. And it happens everytime when I pull a very large clear frosty mug out of the freezer. I fill the mug 3/4 full with ice cream. Then add a very cold A&W Root Beer on top of the ice cream in the (did I say Large frosty mug). From there frost and Root Beer foam grow like mad science project. After that I don't know what happens, because next thing I usually remember is the frost is all gone and the mug is completely empty.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Unless you are keeping it in a chest/other deep freeze, you're ice cream will degrade in a few days.

Even in a deep freezer, it will degrade after a couple weeks.

Posts: 5736 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For many years I've done my part to ensure that no ice cream will suffer from frost bite on my watch. Every half gallon deserves a quick and timely eating.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whenever I open ice cream, it's always a single serving container.....heheehhee

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
I just eat the frost. I know.. I'm a heretic.

I generally eat the container too.

Hahaha! Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
First we are protecting our remotes and now ice cream. I can’t wait to see what next needs protection. Big Grin

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I eat it all on the way home from the store.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
There is a better way to avoid frost...just buy your own ice cream machine and have it fresh every day. Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I use a 92fs for mine

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Let see the only times I recall seeing frost near ice cream. And it happens everytime when I pull a very large clear frosty mug out of the freezer. I fill the mug 3/4 full with ice cream. Then add a very cold A&W Root Beer on top of the ice cream in the (did I say Large frosty mug). From there frost and Root Beer foam grow like mad science project. After that I don't know what happens, because next thing I usually remember is the frost is all gone and the mug is completely empty.

Orange soda will work in a Pinch!

If you can’t kill a pint in one sitting, you should turn in your spoon...

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wetrudgeon:
We suppose this is good advice for some, but at our house life expectancy for a half gallon carton of ice cream is short. Generally a carton of ice cream seldom lasts long enough to frost.

As an aside, we consider Blue Bell brand ice cream to quite simply be the best ice cream money can buy. Those of you who have sampled the wares from "the little creamery in Brenham" know wherefore we speak.

We trudge on.

I see that you have never had Cedar Crest Ice Cream.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, they announced Blue Bell ice cream is returning to Virginia. I am stoked ! I first encountered it at an Outback Steakhouse. The homestyle vanilla, I'm convinced, must contain cocaine. You just can't stop at one bowl. I have to wait until 2019, so I'm starting to exercise in the hope that I can live that long. By the way, my wife uses the gallon Ziploc bag trick to prevent frost.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
There are several good vanilla ice creams on the grocer's shelf. I used to think Breyer's van bean was the best and then I tried Blue Bell homeade Van. It was the best sold in regular stores except for maybe Hagandaz.

Then I tried Aldi's Super Premium Vanilla. Absolute best ever. Only 5 ingredients, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, egg. So dense it takes a garden trowel to scoop and the flavor is perfect. 48oz carton under $4. Only comes in chocolate and vanilla. Aldi has several brands so be sure to get the super premium label.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I don't eat a lot of ice cream, probably twice a year.

But when I did, I don't remember ever putting it back in the freezer. Big Grin

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post