SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Karma: yet another hand plane **Winner KnightSight**
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma: yet another hand plane **Winner KnightSight** Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted

And Now, for Something Completely Different Smile

Record 020 Circular Plane, sometimes called a Compass plane. Full specs at the link. Believe it or not, I found more use for this plane in a millwork shop than I ever thought I would, being so special-purpose and all. Anyway, up for karma it goes.

To enter, you must have joined the forum prior to 2021, and have an email address in your profile. The winner will be picked early Wednesday morning (2021-01-20), using our new Oracle (with much thanks to mark123).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: henryaz,

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the generous Karmas you have been offering Henry.

Please consider me extra lucky #1

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Wow, just what I needed 20 years ago when fabricating molding for an arched brick window opening. Smile

I'll be in Tempe in a few months. When you are ready to Karma off big shop equipment, I may be able to deliver it to points east. Please keep it under 4,000 pounds Big Grin

Thanks, but this is a younger person's Karma. Just checking in.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Wow, just what I needed 20 years ago when fabricating molding for an arched brick window opening. Smile

I used to make those moldings rotating them free-hand on a shaper. Light springs to hold it against the fence, but rotating the radius so it was always in contact with the spindle was two hands free rotation. One little blurb and it was ruined. I didn't ruin any once I got the hang of it. Some profiles called for two or three cutter setups.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Cool, thank you

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please consider me, thanks!

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KnightSight
posted Hide Post
Woodworking is one of my passions. I would love to add this to my collection of hand planes and other tools. Thanks for the great karmas!

Posts: 21 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
Very cool. My Wood Tech Basic students would benefit from even seeing something like that. Please add me.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chance favors only
the prepared mind.
Picture of Dad250
posted Hide Post
Curved Planes are great for warped boards ! Thnx for the shot at a great Karma !

SIG P229 9mm
Springfield Armory XD-9 9mm

AUT PAX, AUT BELLUM

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Posts: 550 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are great for the scooped out sections of chair seats, among other things. I would love to have it! Please add me to the karma. Thanks!

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Yes, please!

Thanks for the karma.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. What a great Karma!

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Thanks to the generosity of mark123, the forum now has a new Karma Picker. I consulted the Oracle and it picked KnightSight as our winner. KnightSight, you have email.

When in doubt, mumble

Picture of KnightSight
posted Hide Post
Just a quick post to thank henryaz for the awesome Karma. He got it in the mail immediately and it arrived here yesterday in great shape. What a fantastic addition to my hand tool collection. I look forward to trying it out.

Thank you!!

Posts: 21 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post