SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    These people don’t look anything like the people I knew when I lived in Minneapolis

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
These people don’t look anything like the people I knew when I lived in Minneapolis Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
“A group of five Minnesota women preparing for a friend's wedding by getting henna tattoos were killed Friday night after a driver trying to speed away from police slammed into their car.

Sabiriin Ali, 17; Sahra Gesaade, 20; Salma Abdikadir, 20; Sagal Hersi, 19; and Siham Adam, 19 were identified as the victims of the horrific incident. Three are cousins, one a relative and another a close friend.

The women were doing last-minute shopping at a Minneapolis mall Friday and having the tattoos applied for a friend's wedding the next day. They were on the way home when the crash happened.

They started to drive down Lake Street just before 10 p.m. when an SUV being followed by a state trooper ran a red light and smashed into their car.

All five were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash. …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/12208813

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9002 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That's just horrible.

And I'm frankly a bit bewildered by your thread title.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30431 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
How the deceased looked? What does that have anything to do with the car crash?

Q

Posts: 26475 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Car crash aside, the population of Minneapolis has radically changed.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9002 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Car crash aside, the population of Minneapolis has radically changed.

This.
Years ago when I played hockey and was camping up there (mid 80's), Minneapolis was blond hair, blue eyed Sweeds, Fins and Norwegians, a handful of Germans in there too.
Now it's one of the largest population of Somalis outside of that shithole.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8368 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
If y’all hadn’t left, then the people would look kinda the same, but old. The young women didn’t get that chance. I kinda wonder what the Ojibwe and Dakota think about your observation.

Posts: 11011 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Growing up in Iowa City, with the students at The University of Iowa,
I grew up with people of all nationalities.

It was the norm.
I think seeing it ,hearing them was beneficial overall.

Their appearance was not any problem, but the rude and antisocial hicks from the weeds were very problematic.

The hypocrisy was appalling ,even when I was nine y.o.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54695 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post