SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Photo Hosting - Photobucket Fees
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photo Hosting - Photobucket Fees Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted
So I am getting this message from photobucket that they will no longer host third party photo hosting.

I do not mind paying some but their rate for third party hosting seems pretty expensive to this cheap guy.

What other options do I have and what are their fees??

Thanks
Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I moved to Postimage for regular photos and Tinypic for avatars. Finding an Avatar host proved to be the hardest part as many sites will host regular linked pics (e.g Postimage), but very few will host avatars (likely take way more bandwidth)

Others have moved to imgur and flickr. There are a bunch of threads going on this.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Are you sure? This is news to me! Big Grin

Posts: 21384 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Are you sure? This is news to me! Big Grin

Yep first I'm hearing of it. Razz

Posts: 5015 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21384 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Deleted my account. Hence no more avatar for me right now.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13115 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Thanks!!
I will try it now

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
... What other options do I have and what are their fees??
There is only one actual solution to this issue and it's not simply switching over to another freebie site. Think about why this happened with photobucket. Then consider that it will happen with the next popular free host.

Buy a domain name (I use godaddy) about $1/month
Procure a hosting service (I use site5.com) starting at a few bucks per month. I haven't shopped for a few years though.
Learn to use an FTP program.
Enjoy freedom.

Posts: 45565 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
There is already a thread on this topic: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8270084624

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
There is already a thread on this topic: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8270084624

flashguy

Yeah, seriously. We have a ten page thread on this already!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post