SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Had my left knee replaced about 2.5 years ago
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had my left knee replaced about 2.5 years ago Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
Got my right knee replaced last Wednesday and it’s surprising how much pain I’ve forgotten about!
Last time I couldn’t get in when I wanted to because of COVID, it was a year later and I couldn’t go anywhere without a Walker. Anyway I’m at home again and of course I can’t drive yet, getting around on a walker and the weather is beautiful, it hasn’t been this nice for over a month and I can’t get out to enjoy it.
If I remember correctly it was about 3 weeks before I could get around well enough to go shooting and then I couldn’t go far to post targets so mostly shot steel at 2 & 300 yards which is all we had available, at least now, since then we’ve added 2 more pistol ranges with steel targets!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5709 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26520 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neighbor lady has to have both brand new knees replaced,
Seems
She is allergic to the metal in the new joints ,
And !
The doctor that put the bad joints in has moved to Utah.

She's beyond pissed off.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54715 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Screening for metal allergies is standard practice prior to surgery. Ceramic coated implants will probably be the answer for this unfortunate woman.

Posts: 17282 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After the pain, anguish and depression she's experiencing,
She is not up to the surgeries or law suits.

I fear she might be going to cause herself harm.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54715 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i had the left knee replaced in 2015, outsourced from va.
discharge orders had a cpm machine to be delivered the day of discharge.
https://www.verywellhealth.com...knee-surgery-2548662

i used this machine for 4 weeks before getting into approved va outpatient p t.

122 rom at 1st assessment, up to 135 rom after 12 sessions.

the surgeon used the wrong parts in lower leg, too much gap/instability between upper/lower.

i'm in for knee revision to fix instability issue december 13 with a new device after surgery, portable connect.

Posts: 2221 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm going to need a knee replacement in the next decade or two. But I'm doing whatever I can to baby the knee in order to stave that off as long as possible, in the hopes of something newer/better coming along in the interim. They're always trying and perfecting new options with stuff like gel inserts, lab grown new cartilage, cutting edge materials, better designs, etc. So who knows what my options will be once it finally comes due.

Posts: 32562 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am like Rogue, I need mine replaced as in if they did it tomorrow I wouldn’t be upset, I had total hip done 9 months ago because it was the lesser of the 2 evils according to my doc, he said recovery was much easier on the hip. Best of luck to you sir, I’m gonna try and hold out a few more months

Posts: 461 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
I've done both knees over the last few years then a total hip last December. I can vouch for the hip being WAY easier than a knee. YMMV.

Posts: 1635 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post