SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cowboys and Aliens
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cowboys and Aliens Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
Just one of those movies that when it comes on I just have to watch it

And Olivia Wilde has the best blue eyes.

Posts: 53236 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Hard to argue with a Jon Favreau production. Always entertaining.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Olivia Wilde is stunning - loved her looks since when she played the character 13.

I've watched the movie twice. I'll probably watch it again someday.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12761 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I don’t recall ever seeing her in anything else so this was a first for me.

Posts: 53236 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
She was also the reporter in Richard Jewell, and of course Dr. "13" in seasons 4-8 of House MD.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16390 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I’ve not seen any of those. Not a network tv watcher

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
She was good in TRON Legacy. It's a shame Disney gave up on that franchise.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Like how Ella (Oliva Wilde) rose out of a fire like Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) in Game of Thrones. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16255 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Neat wrist ray gun.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Young Oliva Wilde

Here's a very young Wilde. Fast forward a bit to the middle to see her.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 864 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Cid 92:
Young Oliva Wilde

Here's a very young Wilde. Fast forward a bit to the middle to see her.

Andrew

Video unavailable
This video is not available

Posts: 11335 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:

Video unavailable
This video is not available

Plays fine for me, even the vaccine propaganda hit prior to the video playing. Maybe it's location restricted.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Played for me. I could stare at those almond shaped eyes for hours!

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phil in indy:
Played for me. I could stare at those almond shaped eyes for hours!

Well, here ya go, then Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fun movie.

Post should be in Lair

Posts: 14692 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I don't get it. Frown

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12141 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
I don't get it. Frown

Don't get... that Olivia Wilde is quite fetching or the movie Cowboys and Aliens?

That latter I can understand. It's an odd premise. But the former... if that's your problem I'm afraid I cannae help ye.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ensigmatic,

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Whether you end up in Heaven or Hell isn't God's plan, it's your own. You just have to remember what it is.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14041 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you describe it to someone it sounds pretty stupid, but it’s really a fun movie to watch and done well.

-------------------
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round.

Posts: 1107 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
My wife was flipping channels this afternoon. When she came to the channel where this movie was playing, she stopped and started watching. She said she really liked the movie. Of course, in addition to Olivia Wilde, it has Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2109 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post