SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    St. Louis Female officer killed playing Russian Roulette
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

St. Louis Female officer killed playing Russian Roulette Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
All I can say is WTF?????

https://www.kmov.com/news/offi...13-67f4d8cc7e80.html

Officers were playing Russian Roulette when off-duty officer was shot, prosecutors say

ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) -- Charges have been filed against a St. Louis police officer accused in the shooting death of an off-duty officer.

Katlyn Alix
Katlyn Alix
Family
Nathaniel Hendren is charged with first-degree involuntary manslaughter and armed criminal action.

Katlyn Alix, 24, was off-duty when she was shot inside an apartment in south St. Louis early Thursday morning.

Read: 'Kindest person;' off-duty officer shot by on-duty officer is remembered for 'one of a kind,' generous personality

Police say Alix, Hendren and his partner met at Hendren's apartment while Alix was off-duty and Hendren and his partner were on-duty.

Both were playing with guns when Hendren produced a revolver, emptied the cylinder and then put one bullet cartridge back in cylinder.

Hendren then spun the cylinder, pointed the gun away and pulled the trigger but it did not fire.

Alix then took the gun and pointed it at Hendren and pulled the trigger but the gun again did not fire.

Hendren then took the gun back from Alix and pulled the trigger, shooting Alix in the chest, police say. She later died at the hospital.

Charging documents say Hendren’s partner told Hendren and Alix that they shouldn’t play with guns, and the partner "didn't want to have any part of it."

The partner was leaving the room when Hendren shot Alix. Authorities said he walked back into the room and saw Alix was shot in the chest.

"It saddens me and my staff to file these charges. Katlyn and her family deserve accountability and justice," said St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner.

Police said Hendren and his partner were on duty at the time of the shooting, and Public Safety Director Jimmie Edwards told News 4 they were not in their assigned district.

Hendren has not been arrested and is still being sought.

A GoFundMe page has been set up to help pay for Alix's funeral.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Imbeciles.

Posts: 26942 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Proof you can't fix stupid.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or, he met her there fully intending to kill her. “Let’s play Russian Roulette. Only one of us is wearing a vest.”

Posts: 8962 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Hendren has not been arrested and is still being sought.

This doesn't look good....

God bless America.

Posts: 13520 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do these type of idiots become police officers?

NRA Life Member

Posts: 241 | Location: Kiawah Island, SC | Registered: July 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This "Russian Roulette" story smells.

Q

Posts: 26489 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update on that case. When originally reported, it was just that the revolver had been “mishandled.”

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47414 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
Involuntary my ass.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
File this under "one of things I was taught in kindergarten":

quote:
Charging documents say Hendren’s partner told Hendren and Alix that they shouldn’t play with guns, and the partner "didn't want to have any part of it."

And why the eff should I or anyone else donate to/ for this?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14041 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paul Harvey will be a long eventually with the rest of the story. This certainly doesn’t add up.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Of course there's more to it.

A married female officer who's off duty meeting two other male officer's at one of their homes who are supposed to be on duty elsewhere in town. The female's husband was also an officer, on duty. 1:00 AM.

We're supposed to believe they met up to play with some guns?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15729 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
That's what you get for not playing by the rules. For example, the way the Russians play it, you're supposed to spin the cylinder at the start of each round.

Posts: 6510 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
We're supposed to believe they met up to play with some guns?

This is my rifle, this is my gun...

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yea, I am with Rogue.

And no, Paul Harvey would not waste his time on this, ever.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19242 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
If this story is true, none of these people should have been trusted with the power of being a cop. The story smells like that of a teenager trying to escape consequences.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29730 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
That's what you get for not playing by the rules. For example, the way the Russians play it, you're supposed to spin the cylinder at the start of each round.

I've never played but- I'm pretty sure your supposed to point the gun at Your Own Head.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13409 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not surprised.

When we talk about the gene pool being depleted - that doesn't exclude the world of LEO's.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:
Originally posted by architect:

I've never played but- I'm pretty sure your supposed to point the gun at Your Own Head.

Reminds me of one of my favorite King of the Hill quotes of all time:

Wife: Where were you?
Dale: Playing Russian Roulette at the gun club.
Wife: Did you win?
Dale: You're not familiar with the rules of the game, are you?

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post