SIGforum
Inspirational quotes or sayings.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2300010364

November 11, 2019, 05:31 PM
rexles
Inspirational quotes or sayings.
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Lutrell

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell
November 12, 2019, 12:27 AM
sjtill
A little late to the thread but

quote:
Reminds me when my ex wife went to medical school, she had a guy in her class who started when he was 44 years old, after a career in banking up to that point. Someone said 'You'll be 48 years old when you graduate, why would you do that?!?' He said, "How old will I be in 4 years if I don't do it?"

This is pretty much exactly what my wife told me when she was encouraging me to start medical school at what turned out to be age 30, starting cardiology practice at age 40.

November 12, 2019, 12:41 AM
Rosahane
”Eagles may fly, but weasels don’t get sucked into airplane engines”

...maybe not an inspirational quote - indeed the opposite, but indicative of the situation in many workplaces and the operational principles of the ‘empty suits’ who arrive to great fanfare and move on before their incompetence becomes too obvious.

On reflection This may an inspirational quote for most politicians Frown

"Governments may think and say as they like, but force cannot be eliminated, and it is the only real and unanswerable power. We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose. - Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain Carton de Wiart, VC, KBE, CB, CMG, DSO.
November 12, 2019, 07:47 AM
MikeinNC
“When you have to shoot; shoot, don’t talk” Tuco

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
November 12, 2019, 07:59 AM
tigereye313
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

November 12, 2019, 03:10 PM
Chowser
Take hold the hands that need you lately

Not minority enough!
November 12, 2019, 03:36 PM
Dakor
My favorite BFranklin quote is my Avatar tagline.

I always get a chuckle out of this logic:

1. To find a woman, you need Time & Money, therefore Woman = Time x Money
2. "Time is money" so Time = Money
3. Therefore Woman = (Money)squared
4. "Money is the root of all problems" so Money = Square Root of Problems
5. Therefore Woman = (SqRt(Problems))Squared... more succintly Woman = Problems