SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many 0-0s d does it take to change a lightbulb?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many 0-0s d does it take to change a lightbulb? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Found out the answer is 1+

Last night one light in the hallway went out. A manly task indeed, I picked my trusty tactical flashlight and used it to find my way disassembling the appliance, found a replacement bulb and put everything back together. Put the flashlight in my backpocket and admired my work.

Quite satisfied, I sat on the couch to listen to the talking heads. Yet, my world was not hunky dory, something felt strangely ackward and uncomfortable. Could not really figure out what it was but something felt wrong, very wrong.
I sensed that I was listing to one side on the couch, had been sitting on my tactical light and the weight turned it on. The uncomfort i aas sensing was the subtle message sent to my brains from my buttocks that MY ASS IS MELTING!!!!
When i reached into my pocket to emove the light, the CAUTION: EXTREME HEAT AHEAD message also took its time to reach my conciousnes so i burn the tip of my fingers.
Now i walk with a sore ass and learned that the next lightbulb replacement is going to require some extra supervision.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12264 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Well at least you didn't sit on the old bulb!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10752 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please, please avoid any manly projects that require sweating copper pipe or soldering wires.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
You might be hurt back there. If you have skype, I can do you a favor and give you a buddy check. I can look to see if you have any burns there and I can advise you whether you should go to urgent care at least.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20019 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
the next lightbulb replacement is going to require some extra supervision.

Smile

That, or maybe using a free, non-tactical flashlight? Not sure what kind of phone you may be using but if it's got a flash photo function, there may be an app to turn it into a flashlight.

I admit to having gone to the flashlight function on my cell phone rather than a separate flashlight. Doesn't use enough power to get hot (but it could drain the battery, I guess.)

Posts: 15143 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Supposedly about nine years ago there was a guy admitted into a California emergency room one night with a fully intact 100-watt light bulb, uh, well, lodged in his anus.

He told the admitting nurse that he accidently "sat on it" after taking a shower.

Could be worse- could be raining.

Posts: 1512 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Headlamps are your friend.

Trust me, you are one of zillions of people that have had hot pocket syndrome.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Damn, I thought I was the only one. They do get HOT. Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36897 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a 70 lumen Streamlight for tasks like this. While it's not the brightest light I own I can leave it on all day and the only consequence is some dead batteries. Can't same the same for my Fenix, on high it can get quite hot.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5765 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
You know what they call changing bulbs in the ceiling lamps at Buckingham Palace?

A Royal Screw Up.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Rey, I didn,t expect any less from you or any other fellow SF member.

To keep this as straight as possible, I expect we'll be wearing similar attires so I ask, should I be using informal assless chaps or etiquette requires I done my 10th year membership anniversary issued leotard as per the latest Waiver revision?

Should we make this an open invitation to all parties interested and make a global conference of it?

0-0

Posts: 12264 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Rey, I didn,t expect any less from you or any other fellow SF member.

To keep this as straight as possible, I expect we'll be wearing similar attires so I ask, should I be using informal assless chaps or etiquette requires I done my 10th year membership anniversary issued leotard as per the latest Waiver revision?

Should we make this an open invitation to all parties interested and make a global conference of it?

0-0

Global conference??? Just what do you think I am? Some kind of pervert???

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20019 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Do we get to vote? Wink

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
No global conference, roger that. We want no prevets joining in, just us straight peeplers.

So, chaps or leotards?

The phone light slipped my mind. Summer is just gone an so are the sudden and long power outages. Most led flashlight are on their last legs. Even had to use the wireless keyboard batteries.

0-0

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Seems like the bulb replacement was handled with sufficient safety. It was the sitting down that appears to require adult supervision.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38203 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Your light bulb changing experience turned out to be a real pain in the ass.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10830 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Amen to that!

0-0