SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I’m proud to announce Lincoln Knox, born 12/21/18
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I’m proud to announce Lincoln Knox, born 12/21/18 Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
So sweet! Congratulations!

12thwisconsin, today is my birthday, too--I hit 81 today.

SigM4, I offer some advice: make an effort during your son's early years (at least up to teenaged) to keep his birthday separate from Christmas. It's OK to combine both conditions into a larger gift from time to time, but try to always have some little thing for the birthday. It helps if there is some happening that is used to distinguish the birthday from Christmas, too. In my family, the Christmas tree was erected and decorated on my birthday, a practice that my parents and I continued to follow all my years in USAF--I knew I was doing something along with my parents on that day and it was nice. Since you apparently have other children, that might not be an option for you, but giving him a special new ornament on his birthday to hang on the tree might work (as an example).

You are free to handle that advice for all you paid for it, of course, but I do think (as one who has been there) that it is important to the child that his birthday be recognized separately as an important occasion.

Congratulations to you all, and good health. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Regarding the separation between children's birthdays, I grew up near a Cousin whose birthday was 13 December. Our extended family made a big deal out of birthdays and holidays, and so she and I did not feel slighted about birthday celebrations (we combined them), both were celebrated by the big family on the Sunday that occurred between, but not on either of, the 2 dates. You'll have to work that out for yourselves.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new addition to your family.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4834 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

I have been called many thongs throughout my life, but none more rewarding than "Dad".

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Mazel Tov!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Mazel Tov

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Dad! Lincoln is a fine name that isn't overused. Well Done!

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1955 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
Congratulations! A wonderful Christmas present!

Your boy is in good company - today is my sister's birthday as well. She used to lament that people would give her gifts that were "combination" gifts - birthday and Christmas. So, I always made a point to get her separate gifts. Smile

Haha. Well his oldest sister’s birthday is 12/28. We’ve always made a point of having a clear separation between the two. Thank goodness we’ll have a week between the two. You know, with Christmas in between.

My birthday was yesterday and my parents always made the effort to keep them separate as well. My brother always got jealous when I got presents just days before Christmas. Big Grin

Congrats on the new addition. You'll probably have to go through the same thing my parents did.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15221 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
What a great Christmas present! Congratulations!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Blessed you are. Congrats to your whole and extended family. What a Christmas gift.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! God bless you, you wife, Lincoln Knox and your whole family.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sweet Chuckie
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the sweetest of blessings, and God bless you all!!

Posts: 250 | Location: White Sulphur Springs, MT | Registered: December 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Mazel Tov!

And may God watch over and bless with health, your son and your family.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 3721 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post