SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Passport error Part Deux
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Passport error Part Deux Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I live in the "town" of Gouldsboro. It's somewhat analogous to a "township" in other states.

The Town of Gouldsboro consists of several villages. The village I live in is Prospect Harbor.

About three miles from me is the village of Corea. Yup, pronounced just like Korea with a K.

Long story that I won't bore you with, but my wife had occasion to talk to someone in State Government about an issue in the village of Corea. Mind you, this is a person in the Maine State Government. She advised my wife that the State of Maine doesn't deal with issues in foreign countries and she should be talking with the Federal State Department.

Sigh.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15233 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I call the state department and they tell me to send it back along with a letter explaining the correction, a new application, and my birth certificate. Also send it priority mail. So I send in the correct forms. today the passport comes in and now multiple fields are unreadable. DOB, Place of birth, Expiration date, and issue date are unreadable. Looks like a little calendar was printed over these. There goes my trip to Mexico in two weeks.

Wow what incompetence. It does make for interesting reading though. Maybe just marking though the incorrect information with a marker would work, along with a note from your Mom who probably remembers where you were born. This is the kind of story that journalists love and perhaps that is another avenue. Good luck.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Maybe call your congresscritter?
Stupidity like a passport screwup should not go unrewarded.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Last week I handed out a quiz to 8th grade students. One of the questions was what countries were trying to grab Oregon before the U.S. formed. It was an open book quiz. The answers I got would spin your head, Washington, California and Columbia top the list. They read it bordered on the Columbia River, hence Columbia.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
That last passport I ever had, was stolen out of my car, along with an in-depth rough draft major term research paper showing that the crime trend was headed downward, especially in petty thefts and vehicle break-ins.

That was 1967. Had to explain in depth to the local FBI just why I couldn't return the data files they lent me. In that era making copies of copies was a major PIA. So was talking to the FBI about stuff I couldn't give back.

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post