SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How great is your boss?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How great is your boss? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My last boss was a really good guy and a great leader. The prior one, allowed his superior way too much space in his head and drove down the insanity. Horrible "leader".

Posts: 2075 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had an absolute SHIT manager prior to the current one, this guy was a devious little piece of crap who would sell his own grandmother if it got him kudos from higher management. Constantly telling us to do things, then would deny he ever did that when things didn’t work out as planned. Just awful. Several of us on the team were actively looking for new jobs within the company to get away from him it was so bad. Then, after a little over a year, he was “encouraged” to finally move along because he had screwed so many things up and morale was at an all-time low.

The new guy has been absolutely great, he’s respectful and sticks up for us. He’s very laid-back, he lets us do our jobs without micromanaging. He’s retired US Capital Police so he has a million stories of that place which is hilarious. Been at this company 21 years now and he’s by far the best manager I’ve had so far.

Posts: 34726 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Some great reflections here. I had become pretty cynical after my career in corporate America. But, it looks like there are still some good folks running businesses.

My son is the head attorney for the U.S. subsidiary of a foreign company, and he has a pretty good boss in the CEO of that company.

During Covid, their HR department kept insisting that all the employees had to get the jab. The CEO asked my son what he thought. My son said "Not necessary" and the CEO agreed; employees could get the jab if they wanted, but there was no requirement.

Last June, some employees wanted to issue a rainbow-themed version of the company logo to celebrate "pride month". The CEO asked my son what he thought. My son said "No" and the CEO agreed.

Posts: 6599 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When my wife and I graduated veterinary school we swore we would never work together, after both of us had bad bosses in the first practices we went we opted to go it on our own.

For 24 years we have been co-bosses, the secret is well defined roles. She manages the employees, I do the book work and other clerical duties and occasionally have to be the "enforcer", in addition to our Doctor duties.

We try to do nice things for them on a regular basis. Keeps morale up in a business that tends to lead to compassion fatigue.

I honestly think we treat our employees well. Competition is tough in continually booming west Texas. If an employee is scared of me there is usually a good reason.

Tommy

Posts: 147 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
That two faced sob walked me out for doing something I had done at least 50 times.
A few of them were for him.

This is after 18 years.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4605 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post