SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rand Paul on Infrastructure Bill and 6.6 Million over 112 years old in Social Security database.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rand Paul on Infrastructure Bill and 6.6 Million over 112 years old in Social Security database. Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted
6.6 million dead people in the Social Security database and it will take us 3 years to remove them.
We sent a 1.1 million checks to dead people last year, over a billion dollars.

The National Science Foundation last year had a $500,000 study to determine if you took a selfie, would it make you happy to look at it later in the day.

A lot of common sense in this video.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Rand Paul on 95% of the issues. The other 5% is something I could discuss with him without getting in a fight. I really like this guy.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Great speech. Some scary shit in there, but great speech.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
I agree with Rand Paul on 95% of the issues. The other 5% is something I could discuss with him without getting in a fight. I really like this guy.

This. Sometimes he gets a little off the rails but like you said I can sit there and take in his position and judge it for myself. 90-95% of the time he is spot on.

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
It makes me really glad he's my senator.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a shock, there is waste in government. I would like to see some solutions, not just rhetoric. I am interested to see what he proposes to cut some of this waste. I will bet that the bulk of the waste is not in quasi scientific studies. A nice little pie chart of government spending would be appreciated.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I've got a good Rand Paul story. I've been getting a table at Louisville's National Gun Day gun show for over 20 years. That's where rburg and I became friends and forum member GF is my table pard.

Politicians that are pro-gun often make speeches at NGD near election day. Most are hit and run but not Rand Paul. He stays and walks the show talking guns and engaging anyone who wants an audience. He stopped at my table and he and GF had a lively conversation about S&W revolvers.

Fast forward to the next show 3 months later and Rand gives another campaign speech. After the speech he passed GF in the aisle and greeted him warmly with "Hello Mr. Smith & Wesson"

Now Frakes is a helluva good guy and he is an expert on S&Ws but he doesn't stand out from the typical gun show crowd. Just another guy in a flannel shirt with a pocket full of money. Cool

Only an anecdote but it made a lasting impression on me that Paul would remember a conversation during campaign season when he is meeting and pressing flesh with hundreds/thousands a day.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
And other than Rand and a couple others, I doubt you could find 20 senators in total that give a damn about any of this, and even less in the House. Face it, the problem we have is the people we have in Washington. All of them are running this country off a cliff, but so long as they get their piece, they don't give a damn.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post