SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What does "21 PRIX" mean on a watch face?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What does "21 PRIX" mean on a watch face? Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
When I google the subject I just get a listing of watches with "21 prix" on it. Nothing explains what that means.

I'm looking at a non-working 60s vintage Omega Seamaster Automatic. Is it worth $350 since I'm going to tear it down and see if I can get it working?

Not sure what I'm thinking as I don't need another hobby. Big Grin

Posts: 45382 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
If I'm not mistaken 21 prix is the same as 21 jewels in the movement.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16250 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
If I'm not mistaken 21 prix is the same as 21 jewels in the movement.
I was hoping that's the case. Thank you.

Posts: 45382 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
"21 jewels"? Shouldn't they work in pairs?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I’d imagine there would always be an odd number because one is on the center wheel with the hands on the other end.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Am I wrong thinking flashguy had something else in mind? Razz Wink Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16250 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:

flashguy

You will often see watches with 15, 17, 19, or 21 jewels.

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Those watches can have some value. Got a photo?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Those watches can have some value. Got a photo?
I passed on the deal.

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:

flashguy

They do except for the roller jewel.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post