SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Epoxy vs polyurethane garage floor or other.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Epoxy vs polyurethane garage floor or other. Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
3 more hours and I can finally park in my garage. 72 hours is the magic number…



-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat
 
Posts: 4040 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
When I moved in to my house 2.5 years ago, I had the garage done before I moved the first item over from my condo, no need in fucking about with moving shit in only to move it back out.

Went with the same color scheme as the OP and it still looks great. I'm very happy with the results and everyone who sees it, loves it. I park 1 car in the garage and I use the other half for everything else. I would definitely recommend.

My mom had her garage floor treated (not sanded or ground) and then painted and to be honest, it was a piece of shit right out of the gates. It pulled up from tires and just didnt hold up.


I have a two car garage that I'd like to do this to also. Like you, I'd keep one bay available for cause and the other mostly for storage.

My biggest concern is getting all the shit out and keeping it out for the entire prep/treatment and drying time.


OP, your floor look great!




SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
 
Posts: 42140 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
If you don’t want to have it coated, I used Swiss trax for my garage and it’s held up perfectly since installed about 5 yrs ago. Was a fun project for me and my daughter who was 8 at the time. Oversized 3 car garage was done in a day. Snaps together, very impact and chemical resistant. I can rinse it off with the hose, vacuum it, blow it out with compressed air. Very different than epoxy coatings but might be worth checking out.

-Jeff
 
Posts: 182 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Epoxy vs polyurethane garage floor or other.

© SIGforum 2026