SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    X-Products CEO and his wife appear to be squishy on our rights
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Products CEO and his wife appear to be squishy on our rights Login/Join 
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
So Dewey is referring to himself in third person in a press release response that he supposedly wrote?

Or is that just the listed POC so you can receive more pacification from them in their attempt to save their financial asses?

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
After reading Dewey press release the phrase if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit comes to mind. What it name is still an owner of X product from what I can tell.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
They keep claiming their anti gun idiot is no longer receiving funds from X Products sales and that they are working on a buy out to remove him completely from the company. I hope they take into consideration the TREMENDOUS damage that fool caused to the company during the buy out process. Looking at the comments online the damage is already done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Fuck em all.

Never wanted or needed their gimmicky shit anyway.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Considering that this moron single-handedly destroyed an otherwise successful company with just a few ignorant words, and that he also likely cost a good many people their jobs, they should be offering him a month membership into the jelly of the month club as a buy out and let him know he should be grateful for that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Fuck em all.

Never wanted or needed their gimmicky shit anyway.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Gun owners are THE ABSOLUTE LAST group of people I would want to piss off or lose the trust of. Once that happens it’s pretty much game over, gun owners have loooooooooooooooooong memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I have no need for any of their shit, but at least they got rid of his ass.

I expect a fake news story about it soon. You know, "CEO loses job for speaking out against guns."

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
I expect a fake news story about it soon. You know, "CEO loses job for speaking out against guns."

Well, would it be fake?

In any event, I don’t see how it would be a bad thing. The antigunners won’t be any more motivated than they are now, and it might serve as a reminder for any others in gun-related businesses who have thus far been oblivious to how important our rights are to us gun owners that they ignore that importance at their peril.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
That's an absurd ploy. Hopefully, they don't fool anyone. They'll eventually open another company and attempt to slink back into the community.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

Well, would it be fake?

Yes it would be. He's losing his job because he alienated his main customer base and is costing his company a great deal of money and possibly its own existence as a result. If the company were weathering through this just find with a negligible effect to its bottom line, I imagine he'd still have a job. As it were, the company now seems to be fighting for its life thanks to this idiot and his wife.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He should jump over Scottievest (sp).

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I never heard of them before, but they are dead to me.

Likewise...

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Looks like Marty Daniel's of Daniel Defense has jumped on the gun control bandwagon. While I agree the NICS system has not been properly supported (because politicians enjoy passing legislation with zero support, then pass more laws when they laws fail to do anything other than curtail law-abiding citizen's freedoms), this really isn't the time, imo, to give the left any momentum in the name of compromise:

quote:
Dear Friends,

I need your help. I believe the Fix NICS Act (S. 2135), sponsored by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) and endorsed by the National Rifle Association (NRA), is presently the only common sense approach to keeping firearms out of the hands of the wrong people. This bipartisan bill, which aims to keep firearms from being sold to criminals and other dangerous people, was introduced by U.S. Senator John Cornyn of Texas. All provisions of this bill have already been voted on and passed in the U.S. House of Representatives. While the bill has enough votes to pass the Senate, we must put pressure on our representatives until the President puts pen to paper.

Our Senators, by passing the Fix NICS Act, can take logical steps TODAY to improve background checks through the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). By doing so, states would not only be required to, but would be held accountable for not complying with new reporting procedures which would ensure background checks are complete and reliable. The Fix NICS Act would:

• Mandate federal agencies to report criminal convictions to the
Attorney General
• Require reporting of select mental health records that prohibit the
purchase of firearms (Fix NICS only seeks to require mental health
records that fit current federal categories)
• Hold states and federal agencies accountable for failing to upload
records

Here’s how you can help.

1.) Send an Email to Your Representatives at: http://XXXXXXX
2.) Share this Post & Tag Your Representatives in the Comments

Together, we can get this thing passed.

- Marty Daniel

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
FixNICS looks more like government control than gun control to me, but I could be wrong.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Looks like Marty Daniel's of Daniel Defense has jumped on the gun control bandwagon.
I don't think so.

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Fix NICs is supported both by the NSSF and NRA. As long as we have a background check system and are paying tax dollars for it, that system damn well better work and do what it's supposed to.

Remember the Texas church shooter? Had the Air Force correctly made the shooters records available, he would have been denied the purchase of his primary weapon. Fix NICS addresses issues like that.

The burden imposed by Fix NICs falls entirely on gov't agencies to do what they should already be doing to make background checks effective.

There will be no affect on consumers unless you are one of the few people who slipped through holes in the net that should never have existed in the first place.

So, if you have a felony record, misdemeanor DV, where adjudicated mentally defective, etc, and you managed to purchase a firearm through an FFL by legitimate process, and Fix NICS goes through, you should expect to be denied the next time you try to buy.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did not read all the replies, so if duplicate..sorry

But what he says about gun ownership being a privilege is a bunch or Malarky

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like Marty Daniel's of Daniel Defense has jumped on the gun control bandwagon.

How do you figure?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

How do you figure?

My unsubstantiated opinion was in the sentence following the line you quoted.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post