SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking For A Hot Rod Club Plaque
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking For A Hot Rod Club Plaque Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Back in the 1950s there was a hot rod club in Staten Island NY, "Golden Wheels."

A very good friend of mine was an enthusiastic member.

He has a birthday coming up and I would really like to surprise him with a club plaque -- the type that is the size and shape of a license plate.

I have no idea where to even start looking. Google has not turned up anything for me, I checked ebay, no joy so far.

If anybody has any idea where I could find one, or even a good picture of one, I would appreciate your help.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Hemings Motor News may have good input.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1088 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1Lowtrk
posted Hide Post
https://www.obrientruckers.com
Thy these guys. If they didn’t make the original they may have one

Posts: 248 | Location: Burbank ill | Registered: May 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1Lowtrk:
https://www.obrientruckers.com
Thy these guys. If they didn’t make the original they may have one
That was a really good lead, thank you!

Unfortunately, it did not pan out. That website shows A LOT of club plaques, but the one that I am looking for is not among them.

Still looking.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe try Hot Rod magazine. They may have some archived information or pose the question to their Facebook page.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post