SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Big Head Hat Instant Karma - Size 8.5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Head Hat Instant Karma - Size 8.5 Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
A buddy gave me a Washington Nationals baseball cap. He knows I have a big head, but overestimated just how big my head it... I wear (only) a ~8.25, or sometimes a 8 3/8, depending on the brand.

As someone with a big head, I know how tough the right size hats can be to find. So to help out any other member with a prodigious cranium, I'm putting this Size 8.5 New Era 59Fifty fitted baseball cap up for Instant Karma. It's brand new. Looks like this:

It'll be mailed FREE to the first member who posts here that they'll take it, and follows up with an email to the address in my profile.

All I ask is that you have a Size 8.5 head, or a friend/relative with a Size 8.5 head, so it can be put to use.

Posts: 32610 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow I didn't even know they made hats that big! I always thought my head was big at 7 5/8.

Can't wait to see who wins this one!

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
Wow I didn't even know they made hats that big! I always thought my head was big at 7 5/8.

Heck, 7 5/8 is still within "One Size Fits All" territory. When you're over 8, "one size" never "fits all". Big Grin Velcro/snap adjustable caps are a no-go, and fitted caps in my size are few and far between.

Luckily, the adoption of the flat-brimmed fitted caps by the "thug" and "skater" crowds has helped availability a little, since they like their hats to be oversized. So 8+ sized fitted caps have become a bit more common lately. (But they're no longer "oversized" when I wear them... Wink)

You just have to get good at forming flat brims into a proper curve.

Posts: 32610 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's an impressive melon! I'm also 7 5/8ish, I guess I'm not so impressive after all. Looking forward to seeing who wins! Thanks for the offer Rogue!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
So... Either nobody has a Size 8.5 head, or everyone hates the Washington Nationals. Big Grin

Still available!

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
8 3/8 is about where I'm at. I have some in 8 1/2 for when I haven't had a haircut in a while and am trying to hide the mess on my way to town. Not big on the Washington Nationals though. Honestly I didn't know who they are or what they played before a quick search on Wikipedia just now.

There should be someone out there that is tired of the one-size-fits-small BS and looking for one. You could always sell it on eBay for super cheap just to get it out of the house and not have to pay shipping.

Posts: 9204 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Not big on the Washington Nationals though. Honestly I didn't know who they are or what they played before a quick search on Wikipedia just now.

Major League Baseball. Formerly the Montreal Expos, until they moved to Washington DC several years ago.

(There was a previous Washington Nationals team from 1905-1956, but they moved to Minnesota and became the Minnesota Twins.)

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The "Big Giant Head" from 3rd Rock from the Sun revealed!

Posts: 28080 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Ordered a hat and was sent one that was a size 8. Pulled it on and it was crazy tight. Might be my go to hat if I ever walk outside during a tornado or something.

Posts: 9204 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
So... Either nobody has a Size 8.5 head, or everyone hates the Washington Nationals. Big Grin

Still available!

Uhm, both? Razz

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I take an 8 in those caps, but 8 1/2 is too big even for me.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53130 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post