SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2 Fox trotting across the yard this morning
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 Fox trotting across the yard this morning Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted
Couldn't get pic of both because the other one was at the tree line on the other side of the pond. I occasionally see their tracks but seldom see them especially out in the open like this.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7102 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
The foxes use to use the same den every year.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Somehow I had a mental picture of two people dancing across your lawn. Smile

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
That's neat 41, maybe come Spring I'll have kits?

LOL I doubt you'll see any "foxes" dancing across the yard around here!

Posts: 7102 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Cool! We get a couple that come to the front yard regularly to get a drink from the bird water.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4933 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'm on the regular route for at least one fox. I see his/her tracks in the snow pretty much every day.

Might have to put the game camera out and see if I can nail down a time.

As long as it leaves my chickens alone, I'm fine with it. I lose a bird, it's Game On.

Also have footy-prints from deer coming right up the front steps to snack on whatever seed the birds scattered around.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15242 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Why is the video titled Lyme disease patrol?

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

I pictured more than two.

He is hunting the white footed deer mouse?

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last summer there was a fox family that lived in the ditch along a fairly busy street in town. They were born in a culvert and played in the ditch all summer. Traffic didnt seem to bother them but if they felt threatened they would just run into the culvert. Was a lot of fun to watch the kits play all summer.

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
... Was a lot of fun to watch the kits play all summer.

I bet! I love Spring and Summer seeing all the young animals. The turkey will have to be extra diligent with these two around though.

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I used to see this guy on our property occasionally but haven't seen any in a number of years now.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I put two trail cams up behind our camper up at the lake place. Put them about 100 yards away just in the tree line pointing at the clearing leading to our camper to see what visitors we get when no one is there for a extended time. I know I'll get a lot of deer as they come close even when we are there. I'm more curious to see how closely the wolves will check the place out as I know we have many in the area. I've seen a few in the summer and hear them pretty much nightly.

Should be interesting to see what I have on camera when I go to open up in spring.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8535 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:

Mice (host) are part of the cycle of Lyme disease.

https://www.colonialpest.com/2...o-with-lyme-disease/

https://entomologytoday.org/20...combat-lyme-disease/

posted Hide Post
For seven years we watched the new pups frolicking,exploring and basking in the field behind the house then the new neighbors tore down the
100 y.o. broken down barn and no more.

We miss'em

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54656 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That is a cool pix ridewv. Thanks for posting it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
For seven years we watched the new pups frolicking,exploring and basking in the field behind the house then the new neighbors tore down the
100 y.o. broken down barn and no more.

We miss'em

Old weathered barn wood can bring you a nice little windfall when you sell it. Same with the old corrugated tin used as roofing on a lot of old farm buildings. We still have a good number of old barns and fallen down corn cribs around but every now and again I drive by one with a crew of guys carefully dismantling one.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8535 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:

Mice (host) are part of the cycle of Lyme disease.

https://www.colonialpest.com/2...o-with-lyme-disease/

https://entomologytoday.org/20...combat-lyme-disease/

That's right I forgot that mice are the main hosts. Any animal that kills them is beneficial IMO.

I bet fox do like abandoned open structures. I know vultures love the abandoned tree stands on the property.

Welcome Cross!

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Enjoy! I live in a city (Dallas) and have only seen one fox in the 38 years at this house. I do see raccoons and opossums, though. And I feed several feral cats.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

Same here.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post