SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shoplifters run over store owner
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shoplifters run over store owner Login/Join 
posted
http://www.wfmj.com/story/3587...xtension-shoplifters

Yes, you're reading that right. She was trying to stop the thieves that stole some hair extensions. I get it, it's your business and you paid for those to sell them.
First, I damn near spit my coffee all over the screen when I read this. Second, this is the city I live outside of. Third, my business is located here in this city and it just amazes me how ghetto is has gotten.
I wonder what the street value is on hair extensions? Hahaha

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I can understand the desire to stop someone from stealing products, but to use one's body to prevent a carload of thieves from leaving would seem to be somewhat less than smart. How much can those "hair extensions" be worth?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Do we need to go back to the days when criminals fleeing the scene of a crime are legitimate targets for the use of deadly force?

I'm serious. This shit is outta hand. Criminals think they are immune from the consequences of their acts. We have neither the investigative resources to track them down, the judicial resources to ensure a quick, fair trial, or enough prison space to house those convicted.

Brazilians seem to have figured this out.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32057 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Do we need to go back to the days when criminals fleeing the scene of a crime are legitimate targets for the use of deadly force?

I'm serious. This shit is outta hand. Criminals think they are immune from the consequences of their acts. We have neither the investigative resources to track them down, the judicial resources to ensure a quick, fair trial, or enough prison space to house those convicted.

I agree whole heartedly. To me it's quite simple.
First, the person was assaulted.
Second, a car can be a deadly weapon that CAN cause serious bodily injury or death.
Third, they used said weapon on her when they ran her over.
If this would have happened at my business, and I do carry anytime I leave the house especially on my way into Warren, this to me would qualify as a DGU. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems that it fits the criteria to defend yourself.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
I can understand the desire to stop someone from stealing products, but to use one's body to prevent a carload of thieves from leaving would seem to be somewhat less than smart. How much can those "hair extensions" be worth?

Tree-fiddy

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I think you meant to say "undocumented shoppers."

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

With waxing? <grin>

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
We need a recon. One of you guys go down to a hair a salon like that and ask for hair extensions, note the cost, and report back.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38252 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
How much can those "hair extensions" be worth?

Let me know what you find out! I see them on the side of the road weekly driving through camden.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Best answer: "It varies." The main cost is putting the extensions on.

"Total cost ranges from $400 to $800. A full head of hair extensions (for fullness only) typically costs between $300 and $600, plus the cost of the hair. Total cost ranges from $1,300 to $1,600. A full head of hair extensions for fullness and added length typically costs $600 to $1500 and up, plus the cost of the hair."

"There’s a vast array of options, and all come with a different price point. Some hair extensions are temporary, others are semi-permanent, some are synthetic, others are genuine Indian hair, and the list goes on. Here’s a list of popular, high quality hair extensions and the approximate cost associated with them:

Fusion U-Tips start around $44
Tape-Ins start around $60
Virgin Hair Weaves start around $149
Beaded Wefts start around $179
Clip-In Sets start around $199
Lace Frontals start around $279"

"Olmedo says her extension styles start at $275, plus $60 for each additional track she sews in. Antonelli says keratin bond extensions cost between $800 and $1,400 because stylists add between 80 and 150 pieces of tiny human hair stands throughout the hair.Jan 13, 2014"

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post