Tools

Bacon salad Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
I know what's for lunch around here.

Bacon Salad Sandwich

Ingredients:
4 strips of cooked bacon, chopped (I used thick cut)
1 small kosher dill pickle, diced (about a 2 ½-inch pickle)
2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
Strong grind of black pepper
2 slices of bread

In a small bowl mix the bacon pieces, diced pickle, mayonnaise, and black pepper together. Slather onto a slice of bread and top with the other slice. Give it a press and slice the sandwich in half. Enjoy in the glow of candlelight.

Read more about it here.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15484 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Sounds fantastic, maybe with a bit of mustard mixed in as well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
not even 9 am and you are planning lunch!

with bacon

legend!

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
That sounds pretty good!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add a hard fried egg and I'm there! (just don't tell my cardiologist)

The most effective safety is between your ears

Posts: 234 | Location: Eastern Nebraska | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great, but I like cheese on most everything sandwich. Cheddar on this one, I think.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Jim, another culinary masterwork.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I've been doing something very similar for quite awhile but instead of pickles I dice up a couple of apple slices. Honey Crisp if you want sweet Granny Smith if you want tart. Will grate some sharp cheddar in now and again as well.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Add avocado and HB egg. Put the pickle on the side and you got a franchise item

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Bacon salad. A contradiction of terms...But delicious!

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

The NEW and Improved SIGforum Breakfast, sprinkle a little Hodgon or IMR on top for an added kick and don't forget to clean off your hands with some Hoppes #9 when finished.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3629 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha...I make this with a little more mayo and spread it on cheeseburger buns.

Posts: 647 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post